Alumni Relations Center- Objectives and RolesThe key objectives and roles of our Alumni Relations Center are to:
- encourage alumni to maintain contact with the University, the group and with each other
- promote and support the mission and vision of the University
- facilitate participation in mutually beneficial alumni and student engagement programs in line with the Alumni strategy and the University strategy.
- support the University and its faculties in their endeavors to grow alumni engagement across the University community
- effectively facilitate connectivity between alumni, the University community and its stakeholders
- provide opportunities for alumni to develop a lifelong connection with the University, commencing when a student enters the University.
One of the strategic priorities of the Alumni Relations Center is to assist and collaborate with alumni groups to support key alumni engagement opportunities in addition to performing an advisory role.
The Alumni Council is set up to help the university fulfill the mission of the Alumni Relations Center. Leading an alumni group and ensuring committee operates at its optimum is a rewarding experience. Nominations to join the Alumni Council are open to present and passed out graduates/post graduates/research scholars and other members of the University. It requires the commitment of multiple members to meet the key requirements. Following positions are being recommended Alumni Council. These recommended positions will assist in sharing the work load and alleviate burnout.
Convener: Lead and motivate alumni council members of the ARC to support University initiatives.
Co-Conveners: Support the Convener to lead and motivate alumni council members of the ARC to support University initiatives.
Members: Provide appropriate administration support to the Convener & Co-Conveners of the alumni council, including accurate documentation and distribution of minutes for the Annual General Meetings. Also to build strong relationships with the GD Goenka University to engage alumni and the wider University.
Role of Alumni Council Members
- Understand the University Strategic Plan and wider strategic perspective.
- Build productive and transparent relations with the University’s Alumni Relations Center
- Maintain and update the Alumni Database on periodical/continuous basis
- Influence and motivate the wider alumni community to maintain contact with the University and participate in programs.
- Support a strong relationship between the Alumni and current students;
- Contribute to a productive alumni group culture by means of a positive and constructive attitude.
- To attend Alumni Council meetings and actively participate in working groups constituted for various initiatives Assist current students and alumni in career planning, placement and transitions;
- Organize events/program
- Professionally represent the alumni group to promote its standing in the University community.
Alumni Council members obligationsAlumni Council members must:
- abide by the University’s Code of Conduct:
- act in the best interests of the University as a whole, and for a proper purpose;
- act honestly and exercise a reasonable degree of care and diligence in carrying out their functions.
Council members must not make improper use of their position, or of information acquired because of their position, to gain, directly or indirectly, an advantage for another member or other person, or cause detriment to the University.
Future Course -Alumni Chapter and Networks Structure
Programs and activities run by our alumni groups are a key opportunity for alumni to interact with each other and to maintain an ongoing connection with the University. The ARC will be going a step ahead and envisioning the plan for creating Chapters and Network Structure in the near future For an alumni group to be recognized as a GD Goenka University alumni association, chapter or network it must be endorsed by the Alumni Relations Center (ARC) and Alumni Council. Alumni volunteers are classified into 3 categories:
2) International/Regional International and regional alumni groups will be composed of alumni that have branched out into the wider national and international community. These groups are supported by our Alumni Relations Team. They have a high community focus on creating networking opportunities.
3) Alumni Ambassadors Alumni Ambassadors are individual alumni with a genuine interest in supporting the University’s priorities. They do not operate under a charter or in an established alumni group, but assist with ad hoc activities or projects to meet the strategic direction of the university.
An Alumni Ambassador is appointed by the Alumni Relations Center for a two year period (an Alumni Ambassador may be reappointed at the discretion of the Alumni Relations). An Alumni Ambassador will serve as a Alumni council contact person and link between alumni in their area and the Alumni Relations office. Ambassador will:
- be the Alumni Council contact for their area and may be publicised on the alumni website
- work with the Alumni Council to organise alumni events (receptions/dinners depending on size and profile)
- promote alumni-led activities and identify alumni to become alumni volunteers
- communicate feedback from local alumni in regards to GD Goenka University events in their area to Managers Alumni Engagement
- update the Alumni Council if they are unable to continue as Alumni Representative
- sign a Volunteer Agreement and abide by University policies and procedures.