Duration: 5 years | Programme Code: 060401
This course provides insights into the policy initiatives within the framework of the constitution and integrates legal studies with aspects of governance. The course is designed not only with the objective of encompassing knowledge of law but also to teach subjects like English, Sociology, Economic, Political Science and History. These courses help to understand how central and state governments function and how legislations are enacted and enforced. The students get a strong footing for undertaking professional legal education and to have a competitive acumen.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To equip students with a sound understanding of the foundations of legal knowledge.
- To offer students the opportunity to study law from an extensive catalogue of optional subjects, covering the entire range of legal knowledge.
- To develop students’ analytical and research skills, equipping them with the generic skills they will need in their future careers.
- To expose students to a wide range of disciplinary approaches to legal study, encouraging them to reflect on the complexity of legal practice.
- Develop a depened understanding of law in a variety of contexts.
- Display the ability to deal with different types of legal issues and laws.
- Apply critical and contextual approaches across a wide variety of subject matter.
- Acquire necessary knowledge that is a pre-requisite to obtain Bar Council registration.
- Analyze and understand changes in regard to rule of law, economic reforms, human rights, women’s rights, rights of children, elderly, sick and disadvantaged segments of the population.
The course is administered by highly qualified and experienced faculty members who have their evident exposure at home and abroad. Class-size is kept small to ensure personal care with professional touch. Moot court, Law Club, Debate Club, etc enhance the extra-curricular activities of the students. These activities enable students develop their thinking and analytical skills and significantly contributes to the development of general skills in preparation for life and work.
Students can make professional choices in a number of fields. Possible career paths include advocacy, research, policy making and judicial services. Career options also available in the corporate houses, public sector and government, community relations, civil society etc.
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.