Duration: 3 Years | Programme Code: 010202
B.Com (Hons) is an undergraduate level qualification targeted for students coming from diverse backgrounds. The programme has core courses, competency builders, amalgamators, augmenters practical work, case studies, industry interface and research. The course is modeled to offer the students with a number of management skills. The students will develop wide range of business, financial and analytical expertise.
School of Management also has collaboration with British Standards Institution (BSI), a leading global independent business services organization that develops standards to help business and industry for the delivery of specialized courses in Management Systems and Business Performance Programmes.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Develop an understanding of commerce and apply the skills and knowledge in a business organization
- Equip the graduates with the know-how of operating successfully in a continuously changing business environment
- Equip graduates with the skills required to lead management position
- Make informed and ethical decisions based on thorough knowledge of commerce concepts.
Towards the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Develop an ability to effectively communicate both orally and verbally
- Appreciate importance of working independently and in a team
- Have exposure of complex commerce problems and find their solution
- Process information by effective use of IT tools
- Understand required mathematical, analytical and statistical tools for financial and accounting analysis
- Develop an understanding of various commerce functions such as finance, accounting, Financial analysis, project evaluation, and cost accounting
- Develop self-confidence and awareness of general issues prevailing in the society
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Cost Accounting, Micro and Macro Economics, Business Statistics, Introduction to Computers, Business Laws, Corporate Laws, Marketing, Indian Economy, Business Communication
The teaching is done through interactive sessions in the classroom. Real life scenarios and situations are shared through videos, audios, role plays, tutorials and group work. Emphasis is laid on practical work which is simulated through case studies, actual projects and learning by doing. The knowledge and skills of students are assessed by innovative techniques. The parameters for assessment are professionally developed for each competency. The programme also includes flexible credit structure with variety of options from amalgamators, augmenters and competency builders (please see university website for details)
Some of the career options include business management, business development, accounting, marketing and advertising, banking, management consulting, economic analysis, financial planning, foreign affairs, fund management, international business and trade analysis, government administration, policy formulation, portfolio management in the private and public sectors.
10+2 from CBSE or any other equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal