Duration: 4.5 Years | Programme Code: 100201
Functional movement is a key part of any one’s life and Physiotherapy plays a key role in helping people to improve their quality of life. Bachelor of Physiotherapy is four and a half year full time Programme at GDGU, where students will be trained to work with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and perform various functions. Students at GDGU, through intense clinical exposure, will be provided with systematic Physiotherapy education in theory as well as practical with an emphasis on clear concepts and basics.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be able to evaluate various pathophysiological and anatomical impairments causing physical dysfunction of diverse age groups & population andarrive at appropriate diagnosis thereof.
- Graduates will be able to understand various approaches of medical system in planning specific physiotherapy measures effectively.
- Graduates will be a competent and reflective physiotherapy practitioner who can function safely and effectively while adhering to legal, ethical and professional standards of practice in a multitude of physiotherapy settings
- Graduates will be able to promote health in general, as well as competitive level, such as sports, work productivity, geriatrics, women’s health etc, keeping in mind national health policies.
- Students will understand core concepts of clinical ethics and law so that they may apply these to their practice as physiotherapists.
- The graduate will demonstrate lifelong commitment to learning through ongoing self-assessment and structure their continuing professional education to address the specific needs of the population
On successful completion of the Programme, student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills of physiotherapeutic education to facilitate their overall professional development through the continuum of care from wellness and prevention to rehabilitation of dysfunction.
- Organize and implement the preventive, investigative and management plans; and will offer appropriate follow-up services.
- Identify priorities and effectively manage time and resources to ensure the maintenance or enhancement of the quality of care
- Undertake health care projects and camps for extending awareness in society about correct physiotherapeutic movements.
- Graduates will execute ethical practice as physiotherapist in professional and social contexts that govern decision making and respect for the dignity of the patient.
- Graduates will be able to lead a team in an inter-disciplinary or multi-disciplinary environment in order to ensure clinical productivity and patient satisfaction.
- Graduates will be able to recognize that their social accountability as a physiotherapist.
- Students will understand core concepts of clinical ethics and law so that they may apply these to their practice as physicians.
- Graduates will be able to communicate with patients/clients, care-givers, other health professionals and other members of the community effectively and appropriately.
- The student will understand the role of using modern tool and techniques for better patient compliance.
- Recognize to engage in life-long learning for their personal and professional growth.
Well-designed programme curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced members of faculty supported by rigorous hands on training in every aspect of physiotherapy field. Tie-ups with multispecialty hospitals will ensure advance exposure in clinical training. Some of the major areas that will be covered Anatomy, Physiology & Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Mechanics, Pharmacology, Pathology & Microbiology, Exercise & Electro Therapy, Role of Physiotherapy in various conditions related to Orthopaedics, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Sports and Community Based Rehabilitation.
Physiotherapists play an integral part in the healthcare sector and hence are required in all hospitals.
- Physiotherapists are employed in all general hospitals and also in specialty and super specialty hospitals run by the government and non-government organizations
- Physiotherapists are also working at community health centers and primary health centers.
- Multinational companies for fitness of their employers recruits Physiotherapists.
- Foreign employment is most accessible to qualified physiotherapists
Candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from CBSE or any other examination recognized as equivalent by GDGU are eligible to apply. ln addition candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.