Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020207
B. Tech. Mechatronics Engineering programme combines mechanical design, manufacturing and electrical control systems. It aims to produce graduates for successful careers in the area associated with the analysis, applied design, development, implementation, and oversight of advanced mechatronics systems.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become professionals equipped with the knowledge of Mechatronics Engineering.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of mechatronics engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
Upon completion of the B. Tech. Mechatronics Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that equire the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies.
- Use current techniques, skills, and modern tools of mechatronics engineering technology to broadly-defined engineering technology activities including proficiency in mechanical design, materials, manufacturing processes, and automation.
- Conduct standard tests and measurements; to conduct, analyze, and interpret experiments; and to apply experimental results to improve processes.
- Demonstrate an ability to design systems, components, or processes for broadly-defined engineering technology problems.
- Analyze the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- Manage projects related to Mechatronics Engineering in multidisciplinary environments.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
Some of the Major Areas that will be Covered
Manufacturing Processes, Strength of Materials, Electrical Power & Machinery, Process Control, Machine Elements, Machine Design, Programmable Logic Controllers, Industrial Programming & Networking, Dynamics, Mechanism Kinematics, Fluid Power & Fluid Mechanics, Power Electronics, Digital Applications, Computer Numerical Control, Computer Aided Design & Manufacturing, Production Design & Specifications.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
The employment and career opportunities exist in leading industries as Technical Services, Machine Designer, Packaging Engineer, Automation Specialist, Human/Machine Interface (HMI), Programmer, Controls Specialist and Motion Control Programmer.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and appear for a personal interview.