GD Goenka Research and Development Center (GDGRDC)
The GD Goenka Research and Development Center has been established to promote collaborative and interdisciplinary research among faculty members, research scholars and students of various disciplines, and to make G D Goenka University a premier research driven university.
GDGRDC offers programs and services to create an environment that is conducive to research and help faculty members, researchers and students in developing new products, processes, systems or devices through continuous research.
The centre helps researchers by organising various research oriented events to familiarise them with the latest research areas and tools. It also helps them in writing research proposals and getting funded projects from various funding agencies.
To serve as a catalyst for research community by providing scientific and technical expertise as well as developing and enhancing innovative research programs that address important national and global needs. The centre strives to excel in research and development across disciplines through:
- stablishing and evolving interdisciplinary and collaborative research and development capability and developing partnerships with research centres, premier universities and leading industries.
- Organising research oriented events e.g. workshops, seminars, conferences and expert talks.
- Educating students to be innovators with the breadth and depth to develop technology, new or improved products, processes, systems or devices.
- Attract high quality research oriented students, and doctoral and postdoctoral researchers.
The GD Goenka Research and Development Center will be a leading academic organisation dedicated to creating, advancing and facilitating high standards of research and innovation within the university and across community.
Dr. Mayurika Goel from Department of Basic & Applied Sciences, School of Engineering has secured a research grant worth 34 Lakhs from Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of Science & Technology, Government of India under the scheme “Early Career Research Award Grant”. As a part of this project, research group at G. D. Goenka University in collaboration with other national laboratories and Sun Pharmaceuticals, Gurgaon will be trying to explore the chemical diversity of natural products from trans Himalayan region, in order to identify novel lichen-based anti-cancer agents. Lichens are unique microorganism comprising of a fungal and an algal partner. The proposed study would be centred on the evaluation and validation of anticancer compounds from lichens of Himalayan origin.Expected Outcome
The project proposes to develop a polymeric nanoparticle based therapeutic system which is expected to kill the cancerous cells with reduced side effects of currently used chemo- based drugs. Proposed formulation may be utilized as lead molecules for pharmaceutical industries for clinical trial stage. This knowledge will take us one step closer in the direction of development of lichen based natural remedy with reduced side effects caused by conventional chemotherapy.
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
- Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) – Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences
- Department of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoepathy (AYUSH)
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- Department of Coal (DOC
- Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES)
- Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- FIST Programme of DST
- Department of Science and Technology – Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)
- Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR)
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
- Ministry of Communications & Information Technology (MOCIT)
- Department of Electronics & Information Technology
- Ministry of Environment and Forests (MOEF)
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MFPI)
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MOSJE)
- Ministry of Water Resources (MOWR)
- Mission REACH
- University Grants Commission (UGC)