Duration: 1 years | Programme Code: 080102
Social media wields incredible influence in today’s marketplace, organizations need effective, profitable social marketing strategies to have a sustainable lifecycle. During this programme, the students learn social media tools and platforms to design, manage, and optimize social campaigns to promote growth and position brands in the global digital marketplace. The programme focuses on building specific skills and knowledge sets that involve psychology, sociology, statistics, analytics, and a strong understanding of marketing principals. They create Social Media identities as part of the programme and launch content and marketing campaigns across Social Media platforms. The practical learning is further strengthened by a three-month internship with a Social Media marketing company.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide an understanding of Digital Marketing trends using Social Media platforms
- To guide them to conduct market research for consumer profiling and their media habits
- To give a thorough understanding of various mechanisms like In Bound Marketing, SEO, SEM, and Google Networking Platforms using Ad Sense, Ad words etc.
- To provide guidelines to create strategic content for high traffic, customer engagement and conversion on Social Media platforms
- To guide students on technical usage of major Social Media tools
- To teach the technical aspects of Web Analytics to measure the Social Media campaigns
The students, at the end of the course, will be able to:
- Identify the scope of Social Media platforms for commercial benefits using customer profile
- Perform researches to know the market and Social Media Habits of target audience
- Use various techniques like In Bound Marketing, SEO, SEM, etc. to create promotional communication on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumbler, Instagram etc.
- Strategically create strategically the Design, Content, Messages and Offers for profit generation
- Generate content suitable for hand held and desktop computing devices
- Use efficiently the Social Media metrics to measure the effectiveness of Social Media campaigns
Post Graduate Diploma in Social Media Marketing has been designed to provide hands-on, practical training on how to engage with customers, build brands and increase sales. Through a series of classroom and guest lectures, case studies, workshops and live projects, students learn how companies are using target audiences’ social media habits to achieve desired brand visibility and marketing goals. The students also do a three-month internship with a Digital Communication or a Social Media company to get hands-on experience in this emerging but highly exciting field.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
All Social Media platforms, In bound Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Web Metrics, Google Network Platforms, Search Engine Marketing, Content Marketing, Digital Advertising, Web Analytics, E-mail Marketing, Mobile Marketing.
Social Media Marketing has emerged as one of the most exciting careers today. Students can be hired as Content Marketing professionals, Social Media Managers, e-Commerce Managers, industry specific bloggers or Web Analytic coaches - across various spectra like corporate houses, academic institutions, media organizations, hospitals, sports firms or IT companies. Unlike other professions, students can carve new strategies and make a name for themselves.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university, a familiarity with Digital Communication is preferred. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.