Teaching, Learning, and Practice
- Learning Spaces – Conference Room, Lecture Theaters and Classrooms
- Computing Facilities
- Engineering Laboratories and Facilities
Knowledge and Information Resources
- Library Resources
Online portals for teaching, learning, and programme administration
- Learning Management System – VLE
- Administrative and Student Portal – Genesys
Collaborative and participative learning through active and lively discussions and a shared sense of contribution to thought-development underpin the teaching and learning philosophy at Goenka. Our physical infrastructure is designed to help students simulate practical and professional situations and engage in productive and interactive exchanges.
- Conferences & Seminars: The institute has a well developed conference room with a sitting capacity of 25 persons on central table and 40 on side chairs. The conference room facilitates group seminars, discussion sessions, and other sessions to help students simulate demanding professional and business contexts and situations.
- Lecture-Theaters and Studios: World-class lecture theaters and studio class rooms are education technology enabled with access to the necessary audio-visual aids for professors and students.
- IT-enabled infrastructure: IT-enablement allows in-class networking between teachers and students to facilitate polls, research studies, live response sessions and more. Instant feedback allows for real-time learning.
Design programmes demand that students develop a high degree of competence in using the latest CAD hardware and software. Dedicated resources, people, and practices ensure students access and use the best-in-class technologies.
- Well developed computer centre with high-speed LAN and Internet connection.
- Instructors and faculty members are available to help students to learn and use computer extensively for their learning.
Domain-specific Laboratories and Facilities
The institute is committed to providing the fully-equipped laboratory facilities for practical and hands-on experience to our design students. Pattern-making & construction Lab for Fashion, Modeling Lab for Interior & Product Design, Photo lab for communication Design and computer lab as a common facility are being developed. The Computer Laboratory provides best-in-class software and teaching aids.
Library is an ever expanding resource for design students. The GDG library has over ten thousand titles, a large reading room that can seat over 100 students at a time, dedicated staff and resources, technologically-enabled A/V facilities and a comfortable setting allow students to optimize their time at the institute.
- Wide selection of internationally reputed journals, magazine publications, and other information sources
- Information sources are also available in audio/visual formats to foster a more stimulating learning experience
- Reading room with a capacity of 100 students a time
- Fully-computerized facility with OPAC
- RFID and automatic issue and return systems
- 12 hour daily operation allows easy access to teachers and students
In addition to the physical infrastructure, students can access several resources online at their convenience:
- The electronic library allows students access to the best international e-journals. Access is available to Business Source Premier (Ebsco), Sage Online Journals, Proquest, ScienceDirect, Sage, EThOS, Wiley Online, IEEE Xplore, GreenFILE, JSTOR, Institute of Physics Journals, SwetsWise among others.
- Professional, industry databases like ACE-Equity and CMIE-Business Beacon, among others, to help students get the latest facts, figures, and insights from industry and commerce
Online Learning Management System
Shared learning e-resource for faculty and students: your professors will post all class and assessment related information on the Institute’s learning management system to allow you to keep pace with our courses and manage your study time.
- Virtual Learning Environment is a dedicated online learning management system with 24×7 access for the faculty and students
- Professors post learning materials, lecture notes, previous years’ question papers, assignments, blog posts, forums to allow students to keep pace with the course and manage their study time better
- Specifically created interactive study material is made available to enhance the academic experience of the students
Student and Administrative Portal – Genesys
The dedicated student and administrative portal, Genesys, helps students access and manage all programme administration related issues. Program policies and administrative guidelines, important dates and notices, student e-mail and more are accessible through the 24×7 Genesys site.
- Easily access your administrative and study-related information, view and update your personal details online, and don’t miss any important Institute correspondence and notices
- Check your Attendance and Examination Results
- The ‘Information’ Directory helps you to locate administrative and study-related resources, policies and information
- Access to your student email account, allowing you to send and receive email messages
- Access to your student notices, allowing you to see the notices relevant to you as well as sending your own notices
- Access to library services online. Conduct catalogue searches, view past exam papers and find other key services from one location.