Duration : 2 Years | Programme Code : 040001
Programme Educational Objectives:
- The student will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of theoretical aspects pertaining to the hospitality industry.
- The students will apply the skill needed for the commercial kitchen operations, food service operations and rooms division by focusing on best operational practices of the hospitality industry.
- The students will synthesize and ethically apply the knowledge of hospitality to situations anywhere in the world.
- The student will create favourable guest experiences by using professional service management techniques in hospitality business environment.
- The student will aim to continuously learn, innovate and create knowledge for personal professional development for the benefit of the society at large.
At the end of the programme the students will
- Demonstrate how the organizational behaviour and organizational practices can aid in improving the performances and wellbeing of people at work.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of planning and operation of various food & Beverage service outlets for business ownership.
- Design an accounting and financial information systems for a hospitality organisation for management decision making.
- Conduct investigations and apply effective marketing management practices as per Indian conditions.
- Understand consumer behaviour and the use of appropriate pricing strategies to increase profitability.
- Assess the forces of globalisation and its impact on the hospitality industry.
- An ability to apply ethical principles by practicing professional ethics, food safety and environment norms to be adhered in the Hospitality industry.
- An ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- An ability to communicate effectively on various hospitality activities with the organisation and society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documents to make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of hospitality management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of changing trends in the hospitality industry.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, theory and practical sessions, exceptional training laboratory facilities, industry interaction and internship.
Some of the areas that will be covered:
Cookery, Bakery and Patisserie, Cost Controls, Menu Planning, Food Commodities, Food and Beverage Service Fundamentals and Hygiene & Sanitation.
Students on completion of programme can assume roles of culinary associates, kitchen operation trainee, catering business executive, restaurant entrepreneur, food stylist and catering assistant in any allied hospitality area.
10+2 from CBSE/ISC/HSC board or equivalents examination. In addition, candidates will have to successfully complete Goenkan Aptitude Test for admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
|Kitchen Operations Management I|
|Basics of Bakery|
|Food & Beverage Service|
|Hospitality Finance I|
|Business Communication Skills|
|Sustainable Tourism Planning and Development|
|Inter Disciplinary Project|
|Kitchen Operations Management II|
|Introduction to Beer, spirits & liqueurs|
|Fundamentals of Front office|
|Food & Beverage Management|
|International Hospitality Marketing Management|
|Hospitality French 1|
|Culinary Practice I|
|Front Office Operations|
|Hospitality Finance II|
|Hospitality French II|
|Food Science and Nutrition|
|Inter Disciplinary Project|