VISION OF G D GOENKA UNIVERSITY
G. D. Goenka University aims to be an internationally recognized institution of higher learning through inclusive, innovative and value based education and research, preparing socially responsible citizens.
ABOUT SCHOOL of HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCE
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SoHSS) is known for its eminence, academic quality and flexibility of its educational programme. Its outstanding Faculty in Economics, English, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Travel and Tourism add to the core value of the school. The School considers dissemination of knowledge as a fundamental part of learning. It offers diverse courses to the students, along with a dynamic and exciting PhD program. These programs bring out alternative perspectives in students and emphasises on interdisciplinary research.
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences aims to promote excellence in teaching and research by nurturing a culture of enquiry based learning, and grooming students to be morally and socially responsible professionals who are sensitive to the larger societal good.
- To develop sensitivity to ethical, aesthetic, and social issues
- To promote excellence by honing students’ intellectual and critical abilities
- To promote research and evidence-based learning environment
- To provide the students with the expertise and required knowledge
- To promote a holistic learning environment through inter-disciplinary and collaborative learning
- To train the students in contributing towards needs and aspirations of the community