Duration: 3 years | Programme Code:
The programme has been designed for students who have a penchant for learning animation and graphic designing and telling stories through special effects. The students will be taught about both aesthetics as well as technical aspects of animation and graphics designing. The programme also encompasses niche and upcoming areas of animation like 3D design and developing gaming projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Build a working vocabulary of art, design, and visual communication terminology
- Develop broad understanding of graphics and train students in making computer graphics
- Expose students to the basics of two dimensional animation
- Give hands on experience of doing VFX for a media project
- Familiarize students with techniques of modeling, rigging and texturing a character
- To give an understanding of 3D designing software ‘Maya’
- Teach students the basic concepts of gaming projects
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of visual design and principles of composition
- Make graphics using graphics software
- Demonstrate cell animation skills
- Display skills required to do a 2D animation project
- Display skills required to use software which is used in creating special effects
- Perform various edit styles and patterns using editing software and Mac interface
- Display skills required to use software which are used in doing modelling, rigging and texturing
- Display ability to execute 3D projects using Maya
- Do characterization for new gaming projects using proper workflow and research
This postgraduate diploma programme aims at teaching the techniques and aesthetics of graphic and animation platforms. The students will be taught basic technologies of visual design like cell animation and 2D animation as well as niche software like MAYA and Gaming technologies. They will also be developing aesthetic understanding of visual design and composition, modelling and texturing of design.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Computer graphics, 2D animation, Cell Animation, Special effects, Modelling, Rigging and Texturing, 3D projects and MAYA, Gaming
After completing this programme, the students should be able to work for the graphic team of any media organization be it television, newspapers or online platforms. They also have an opportunity to be employed with online gaming companies and film studios and production houses specializing in animation movies.
10+2 or equivalent from CBSE or t from any recognized board. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.