Duration: 1 years | Programme Code:
Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication is a one year programme which gives the students a complete understanding and hands on experience of all fields related to media and. This includes, Print Journalism, Photo Journalism, Television Reporting, Television Production and Writing, Radio Production, Advertising and Public Relations, Event Management and Film Making. The main focus of this programme is to make the students learn by doing things themselves. The stress is on minimization of class room teaching and increasing practical hours, so that the students are industry ready.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To teachbasic journalistic skills in different mass media platforms
- To enhance the communication skills of the students in mass communication platforms
- To teach different technologies needed for print and online media platforms.
- Understand the technique and aesthetics of videography and video editing
- To enhance voice modulation techniques for radio as well as television
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively through different mass media platforms
- Understand the ways of news and feature story telling for print and electronic media
- Conceptualize and conduct photo shoots
- Conceptualize, develop and execute events for different types.
- Do voice overs and anchoring for radio and television
- Develop public relations campaign and advertisement ideas for various products and services.
This postgraduate programme aims at developing an overall understanding as well as working of different media platforms and industries. The focus of the programme is to make the students learn media techniques and skills by doing them. The focus is to minimize classroom teaching and encourage practicals hours.Some of the major areas that will be covered: Print Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Online Media, Social Media, Digital Photography, Radio Programming, Advertisement, Public Relations, Event Management.
Career Avenues: AAfter completing this programme, the students should be able to work for any media industry namely TV Channels, Newspapers, FM Radio, Advertisement and Public Relation Firms, Event Management Companies and News and Social Media Websites.
Entry Requirements: Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.