Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 years|
|Programme Code: 080302|
MA (Social Media) is a two-year specialised programme leading to a Masters Degree in Social Media. The purely skill-based programme provides students the knowledge and understanding of social media platforms that range from social networking, social bookmarking, blogging, micro-blogging and media sharing sites to wikis. The students will learn to create content and digital marketing strategies for each of these different and diverse platforms. They will also learn to tap into the exciting world of social media, listen to social conversations, assess the credibility of content, and create suitable media and corporate responses to what people are saying.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Provide an understanding of different Social Media platforms, their functionalities and target audience
- Teach students the techniques of listening to conversations on social media and develop suitable responses
- Provide insights into the digital marketing practices developed for social media
- Help students assess the credibility of content being posted on Social Media sites
At the end of the Programme, the students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the working of Social Media
- Create content that is targeted at social media platforms such as WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, etc
- Develop blogs, post tweets, make Facebook posts, create YouTube videos, build Pinterest boards etc
- Design marketing campaigns to promote companies and their products
Social Media has fired imaginations and transformed business, political, academic and journalistic communication. The programme captures this dramatic shift, and prepares students to get ready for a future driven by Social Media. They will learn to tap into social media platforms, interact with social media professionals, create and post content and devise marketing campaigns. The stress will be on content creation and development of marketing strategies with the students spending the maximum time on the net. They will be judged not on classroom learning but on the knowledge that they acquire while working on Social Media platforms.
Social networking, social bookmarking, blogging, micro-blogging, media sharing and wikis; social media metrics, content creation, digital marketing campaigns, content curation and content credibility.
The highest number of jobs in media today is being created in Social Media. The media companies are not the only ones that need social media editors; every corporate house, government and non-government organisation, universities, trade bodies and technology companies need social media professionals. There is an even greater demand for men and women who can create and monitor digital marketing campaigns and develop strategies to fight negative product feedback. It pays to be in Social Media today.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.