Duration: 2 years | Programme Code: 080302
Master of Arts in Social Media is a two-year specialized skill-based programme designed to provide knowledge and understanding of social media platforms that range from social networking and bookmarking, social media marketing, media sharing sites to wikis, web analytics and mobile communication. Students will learn to create effective content and digital marketing strategies diverse social media platforms. The programme will give an insight into the exciting world of social media and its conversations, assess the credibility of content, and create suitable media and corporate responses to people’s interaction.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide an history and understanding of different Social Media platforms, their functionalities and target audience
- To gauge the impact of social media in opinion and decision making process of audience and consumers
- To help students acquire skills to create innovative branding and graphic designs for e-markets.Provide insights into the digital marketing practices developed for social media
- To provide insights into the digital marketing practices like In Bound Marketing, Web Metrics, Web Analysis for social media
- To help students assess the credibility of content, evaluate the traffic and content using web analytics and data tracking
At the end of the Programme, the students will be able to:
- Identify, understand, and utilise the power of social media platforms for responsible and meaningful pursuits
- Create well-conceived, designed, and written material for various sites and platforms for diverse audiences
- Understand communication and advertising strategies for local and global markets at various business levels
- Evaluate the latest marketing and data tracking strategies to help enhance, manage and market the businesses and cultivate influencers
- Identify, embrace and utilise changing trends, techniques and strategies of evolving social media landscape
Social Media has fired imaginations and transformed business, political, academic and journalistic communication. The programme captures this dramatic shift, and prepares students to get ready for a future driven by Social Media. They will learn to tap into social media platforms to manage corporate reputation or social cause, use the media to create and post purposeful content and devise marketing campaigns. The focus will be on content creation and development of marketing strategies with the students spending the maximum time on the net. They will be judged not on classroom learning but on the knowledge that they acquire while working on Social Media platforms.
Social networking and bookmarking, blogging and micro-blogging, In bound Marketing, SEO, SEM, Web Analytics, Google Networking platforms, Media sharing and wikis; Social media metrics, content creation, digital marketing campaigns, content curation and content credibility.
Students after pursuing this programme will gain the ability to market and manage social media sites for private, public and governmental employers, as well as private individuals who demand a creative web presence. The highest number of jobs in media today is being created in Social Media. There is an even greater demand for professionals who can create and monitor digital marketing campaigns and develop strategies to fight negative product feedback.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.