Duration: 1 Year | Programme Code:
Post Graduate Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations is a one year programme which gives the students a complete understanding and hands on experience of two of the fastest growing media industries in India namely Advertising and Public Relations. The students will learn different creative as well as business aspects of advertisement and public relations and be required to practically apply the concepts to create their class projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Impart knowledge about the concepts and methods of advertising
- Provide information about types of advertising and advertising models
- Provide insights into the concept of a brand and brand strategies
- Provide an understanding of the concepts, role and functions of Public Relations
- Describe the functions and structure of the Public Relations Department and professionals
- Make students understand the concepts and approaches of Media planning and buying
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- List the different forms of advertising and working of an advertising agency
- Describe brands and the branding process and create branding strategies
- Develop the skills needed to work as PR professionals and develop crisis management strategies
- Explain media exposure patterns and how media planners select media
- Prepare media briefs and explain media buying process
- Create digital media campaigns
This Postgraduate Diploma programme aims at creating media professionals who are ready to join advertising or public relations firms as content writers, client relationship managers, media planners, PR executives or digital advertising experts. The focus of the programmeis to make the students understand different marketing and advertising concepts by making them do it themselves. The students would be appraised of different concepts and strategies of the above mentioned areas as well as the current industry trends and norms.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Advertising, Creative Writing and Direction, Public Relations, Digital Media Marketing, Media Planning, Blog Writing
After completing this programme, the students should be able to work for any Advertising, Public Relations or Digital Marketing firm as creative writers, client managers, media planners, media buyers, PR executives or Corporate Communications
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.