Duration: 1 years | Programme Code: 080104
Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Content Management is a one year programme which gives the students a complete understanding and hands on experience of world’s fastest growing media platform, Digital Media. The aim of the programme is to familiarize the students about writing, editing, monitoring, marketing as well as strategizing content for online portals and social media platforms.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To explain the different forms of digital writing and writing for social media platforms
- Familiarize the students with the principles and methods of web editing
- Find ways of transforming data into information that can be easily understood
- Make the students aware about the different applications developed to monitor social media
- Help the students understand the working of major social media tools
- Analyse the impact of social media platforms
- Assist them in creating content for websites, blogs, press note
- Teach the emergence of mobile content as an important tool of communication
At the end of the programme the students should be able to:
- Conceptualize story ideas and create suitable reports for web audiences
- Write and edit web reports and headlines
- Learn to use publishing, promotions as well as design tools to create social media presentations
- Explain media exposure patterns and how media planners select media
- Create blog posts, social snippets and judge the credibility of social media content
- Create search engine optimisation strategy and digital media campaigns
- Create reports using different storytelling formats
This Postgraduate Diploma programme aims at creating digital media professionals who are ready to join digital or social media firms as content writers, media planners, media strategists or digital media managers. The focus is to make the students understand different digital content creation and marketing tools and strategies. They will be encouraged to create their own blogs and channels, required to register presence on social media platforms and use class room teachings to boost their reach and develop wider audience engagement.
Career Avenues: After completing this programme, the students should be able to work for any Online content or Digital marketing firm as content writers or editors. They can also work as digital media marketers or decide to be freelance web writers either on commercial platforms or start their own blogs or channels on social media platforms. Some of the major areas that will be covered: Online content creation, Blog Writing, Digital Marketing, Media Monitoring, Social Media Strategy
Entry Requirements: Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.