Duration: 1 years | Programme Code: 080101
Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management has been designed for students who are passionate about planning and organizing events. Spread over a period of one year, the skill-based, practical programme is aimed at giving students insights into the fast growing Event Management industry and the knowledge needed to manage an event professionally. The classroom lectures are backed by live event projects and exposure to industry professionals with an opportunity to intern with top event management companies. With the given exposure and performance based evaluation, students should be fully prepared to join the industry at the end of the programme.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide an understanding of the concept of Event as a marketing tool and its type
- To explain the various phases of an event – from conceptualization to planning, coordination, execution and managing associated risks
- To explain the significance and process of Event marketing, promotions and sponsorship
- To guide them with the process of event budgeting and its evaluation
- To provide insight into risk management, stage craft and logistics and laws and regulations
- To understand the importance of team work and manage internal and external human resources
At the end of the programme, the students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of Event Management as a Marketing Communication function
- Conceptualize, strategize, plan, organize, coordinate and execute an event on their own
- Provide forecast and actual budget for an event with final pricing objective
- Create marketing plan and approach sponsors for promotions
- Research and provide a foundation in terms of logistics and regulations for a successful event
- Manage timelines, external vendors and team
- Evaluate the associated risk and suggest control measures
The programme is designed to provide the necessary knowledge and skills needed to ideate, plan, organize events and manage them from pre conceptual phase to post event stage. Students over the course of a year will be given several assignments and live project based training to make them understand the workflow management, budgeting, bringing sponsorship, venue selection, vendor negotiation, logistical requirement, crisis assessment and management needed to plan and execute an event successfully. The programme will encourage students to take up research route before the inception of any event idea like – target audience, media habits, market potential, climate and geography etc. The concepts taught in the classroom are put to test in the field during a three-month mandatory internship.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Event Planning and Production, Market Research, Event marketing, Sponsorships and promotions, Event Evaluation, Event Finance and Budgeting, Event Laws, Vendor negotiation and coordination, Team play, Celebrity Management and Risk Management.
There are scores of event management companies that are looking for youngsters to help them organize, manage and conduct cultural festivals, trade shows, conferences, exhibitions, corporate events, fashion shows, reality shows across the country. The industry hires young minds who have the zeal to excel in this profession, some of the job positions available for Event Management Professionals are Event Planner, Creative Writer/Director, Event Coordinator, Event Production Head / Team member, Event Executive (Budgeting & Finance), etc.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.