Duration: 1 years | Programme Code: 080102
There are few programmes that are more fun and hands on than Social Media Marketing. During this programme, the students learn by doing. They create Social Media identities as part of the programme and launch content and marketing campaigns across Social Media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Instagram. Classroom teaching is completely overtaken by online learning as students formulate Social Media campaigns and analyze their success. The practical learning is further strengthened by a three-month internship with a Social Media marketing company.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Provide an understanding of different Social Media platforms
- Formulate an Action Plan that combines the key Social Media networks and tools
- Teach how to analyse Social Media campaigns
- Explain how to engage with customers on Social Media platforms
- Teach the importance of creating content for Social Media
- Provide details about SEO tools and strategies for Social Media
- Make the students aware about the applications developed to monitor Social Media
- Help the students understand the working of major Social Media tools
The students, at the end of the course, will be able to:
- Describe the reach and numbers of majorSocial Media platforms
- Analyse the impact of Social Media platforms
- Demonstrate the use of select Design, Publishing and Promotion tools
- Set up Facebook page and use it to promote business
- Create a Twitter and Pinterestmarketing campaign
- Use Linkedin to promote company interests
- Create blog posts and social snippets
- Design and analyse e-mail campaigns
- Explain the terminology used to refer to Social Media metrics
The Social Media Marketing course has been designed to provide hands-on, practical training on how to engage with customers, build brands and increase sales. Through a series of lectures, case studies, workshops, projects, and guest lectures, students learn how companies and brands are leveraging Social Media platforms to achieve their marketing goals. The students write blog posts, build Facebook pages, tweet marketing messages, post photographs and create digital campaignsto understand the power and reach of Social Media marketing. The studentsalso do a three-month internship with a Social Media company to get hands-on experience in this emerging but highly exciting field.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Use of Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Pinterest, Social Media Metrics, Search Engine Marketing, Content Marketing, Digital Advertising, Web Analytics, E-mail Marketing, Mobile Marketing.
Social Media Marketing has emerged as one of the most exciting careers today. Unlike other professions, students can carve new strategies and make a name for themselves. The openings are across the spectrum: from corporate houses to academic institutions, from media organizations to hospitals, from sports firms to IT companies, everyone needs Social Media marketing professionals.There is no shortage of well paid jobs, and the future is great.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.