Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 050201|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Programme of GD Goenka University has been designed to aim at developing the understanding of teaching-learning process at secondary and senior secondary school level and the competencies required by the student- teachers to make this process effective. The programme enables student- teachers to engage with studies on educational issues on global, national and state level and develops a conceptual understanding about issues of diversity, inequality and marginalization. It focuses on enabling student-teachers to reflect critically on perspectives of education and integrate the theory and practices in a holistic manner to facilitate active involvement of learners for creation and construction of knowledge.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To create a pool of effective and competent teachers.
- To expose to various teaching methodologies prevailed across the world.
- To analyze the teaching learning environment across variety of schools (Government, Private, Government aides, International, World).
- To inculcate social sensitivity.
After completion of this course, the student- teachers will be able to
- systematize experiences and practice the professional competencies required.
- make use of various methods and approaches of organizing learning experiences of secondary school students during the school experience programme.
- identify and practice skills required in selecting and organizing and executing learning experiences.
- enlist and select methods that can help in dealing with the academic and personal problems of learners.
- design and select various procedures and techniques for evaluation of teaching learning processes.
- analyse and discuss procedures required in selecting, developing and using evaluation tools.
- organize various instructional and student support activities.
- appreciate the role of teacher in prevailing socio-cultural and political system in general, and the educational system in particular.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Perspectives in Education – Childhood and Growing up, Contemporary India and Education, Learning and Teaching, Gender, School and Society, Knowledge and Curriculum, Creating an Inclusive School, Health, Yoga and Physical Education.
Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies – Language across the Curriculum, Pedagogy of two School Subjects and Assessment for Learning.
Engagement with the field – Tasks and Assignments that run through all thecourses,School Internship, Reading and Reflecting on Texts, Arts in Education and Understanding ICT and its Application and Socially useful productive work (SUPW).
Recognized by NCTE.