Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 050201|
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme aims at developing the understanding and competencies required by practising teachers for effective teaching-learning process at the secondary stage. The programme also provides opportunities to share experiences gained by practising teachers. It enables “in-service” teachers to select and organise learning experiences according to the requirement of the learners. In addition, it provides knowledge and develops in them an understanding of areas such as educational evaluation and school management.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To systematize experiences and strengthen the professional competencies of in-service teachers.
- To imbibe knowledge and develop an understanding of the various methods and approaches of organising learning experiences of secondary school students.
- To develop skills required in selecting and organising learning experiences.
- To understand the nature of the learning process.
- To develop skills involved in dealing with the academic and personal problems of learners.
At the end of the Programme the Graduates will have the skills to:
- Acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of the various procedures and techniques of evaluation and their classroom applications.
- Develop skills involved in selecting, developing and using evaluation tools.
- Acquire knowledge and develop an understanding of various aspects of school management.
- Develop competencies for organising various instructional and student support activities.
- Develop an appreciation of the role of the teacher in the prevailing socio-cultural and political system in general, and the educational system in particular.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Education Theory, Aims of Education, The nature of Knowledge and Knowing, Developing Understanding of the Indian Society, Human Development with a focus on Adolescence, Learning Theory, Guidance and Counselling, Educational Psychology, Philosophy of Education.
Recognized by NCTE.