Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 4 Years||Programme Code: 050202|
Integrated BA/BSc-B.Ed course is planned to equip students with the basic knowledge and skills that they require for teaching in the 21st century classroom and for addressing issues concerning learning in the global society as well as successful learning in this programme.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Integrating general studies comprising science and social sciences as well as professional studies comprising foundations of education, pedagogy of school subjects and practicum related to the tasks and functions of a school teacher.
- Maintaining a balance between theory& practice and coherence & integration among the components of the programme, thus representing a wide knowledge base of a school teacher.
- Preparing teachers for upper primary and secondary stages of education.
Our educational outcomes are to produce graduates who will be able to:
- Acquire critical awareness of the subject curriculum, subject specific pedagogical knowledge, skills and dispositions, besides enhancing understanding of subject matter knowledge to be taught in secondary schools.
- Observe and understand the fundamentals of practice and to gradually assume full responsibility of classroom teaching during the internship in teaching experience.
- Develop communicative abilities of the language in which they will teach.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Education Theory, Aims of Education, The nature of Knowledge and Knowing, Developing Understanding of Indian Society, Human Development with a focus on Adolescence, Learning Theory.
Recognized by NCTE