Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 050202
Integrated B.A/B.Sc-B.Ed. Programme of G D Goenka University is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) and Haryana State Government. It is planned to equip student-teachers with the basic knowledge and skills of sciences, social sciences, humanities and education. Such knowledge and skills would help teachers to teach in the 21st century classroom of upper primary and secondary school students and address issues concerning their development as global citizens.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To integrate general studies comprising science, social science humanities and professional studies to provide a strong foundation to future teachers.
- To maintain a balance between theoretical and practical components of the programme, thus representing a wide knowledge base of a school teacher.
- To train teachers for upper primary and secondary stages of school education.
On completion of this course, the graduates will be able to:
- Analyze the secondary school curriculum of various schools affiliated to different Boards.
- Make use of subject specific pedagogical knowledge and skills
- Practice skills and approaches for enhancing understanding of subject matter knowledge to be taught in secondary schools.
- Appreciate the role of teacher in prevailing socio-cultural and political systems in general and education system in particular.
- To initiate the discourse on education by organizing seminars, debates, lectures and discussion groups for student-teachers.
- To organize inter institutional activities for student-teachers on themes of educational significance and also make them participate in such events. A participatory teaching approach is adopted to help student-teachers develop reflective thinking and questioning skills.
- To provide strong professional base through diverse educational experiences.
The major areas that will be covered:
Courses of the Programme are organized into three categories:
- Common courses
- Core courses
Comprise of the following courses that are mandatory for all student-teachers:
- Communicative English
- Environmental Studies, Information and Communication Technology in Education (ICT), Indian Constitution and Human Rights, Holistic Education, Theatre, Arts and Heritage, Craft Traditions, Life Long Learning (LLL).
For B.A.B.Ed. students:
English Literature, Social Science, History/ Geography / Economics /Political Science/Psychology.
Core Courses: For B.A. - B.Ed. student- teachers:
English Literature, Social Science, History/Geography/Economics/Political Science/Psychology/Mathematics and comprehensive core and pedagogy courses of Education.Core Courses: For B.Sc.-B.Ed. (PCM) student- teachers:
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and comprehensive core and pedagogy courses of Education.Core Courses: For B.Sc.-B.Ed. (CBZ) student- teachers:
Chemistry, Botany, Zoology and comprehensive core and pedagogy courses of Education.
The programme also includes a comprehensive School Experience Programme (SEP); the internship in teaching.
Comprise of following Education Courses, out of which only ONE is to be opted by student-teachers:
(Guidance and Counselling/Inclusive Education/Peace Education/Value Education/Skill Education/ School and Curriculum/Vocational Educational Education/Measurement & Evaluation)
The graduates become eligible for teaching in upper primary and secondary schools. They can also work as Content Developers with various educational organizations and publishing houses. The Programme makes them capable of working as Academic Coordinators and Supervisors. Besides this, with a strong and extensive professional training, these graduates can open, establish and manage their own schools.
10+2 or equivalent examination with 50% marks in aggregate. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully clear the Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.