Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 4 Years||Programme Code: 050202|
Integrated B.A/B.Sc.B.Ed. Programme is planned to equip student-teachers with the basic knowledge and skills that they require for teaching in the 21st century classroom of upper primary and secondary school students and for addressing their issues concerning learning in the global society.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To integrate general studies comprising science and social sciences as well as professional studies comprising foundations of education, pedagogy of school subjects and practicum related to the tasks and functions of a school teacher.
- To maintain a balance between theory & practice and coherence & integration among the components of the programme, thus representing a wide knowledge base of a school teacher.
- To train teachers for upper primary and secondary stages of school education.
Our educational outcomes are to produce graduates who will be able to:
- analyze the secondary school curriculum of various schools affiliated to different Boards.
- make use of subject specific pedagogical knowledge and skills
- practice skills and approaches for enhancing understanding of subject matter knowledge to be taught in secondary schools.
- observe and follow the fundamentals of practice and to gradually assume full responsibility of classroom teaching experience.
- work on developing communicative skills in them for teaching purposes and for their day to day life.
- To initiate the discourse on education by organizing seminars, debates, lectures and discussion groups for students.
- To organize inter institutional activities for students on themes of educational significance and also make them participate in such events. A participatory teaching approach is adopted to help students develop reflective thinking and questioning skills.
The major areas that will be covered:
Courses of Study are organized into three categories:
a) Common courses
b) Core courses
Comprise of courses that are mandatory for all students:
b) Communicative English
c) Environmental Studies, Information and Communication Technology in Education (ICT), Indian Constitution and Human Rights, Holistic Education/ Theatre, Arts and Heritage Crafts Tradition.
For B.A.B.Ed. students:
English Literature, Social Science, History/ Geography / Economics /Political Science/Psychology.
For B.Sc.B.Ed.(PCM) students:
Five courses in Education, two courses one in Pedagogy of Physical Sciences and another in Pedagogy of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
For B.Sc.B.Ed.(CBZ) Students:
Five courses in Education, two courses one in Pedagogy of Physical Sciences and another in Pedagogy of Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
The programme also includes a comprehensive School Experience Programme (SEP); the internship in teaching.
Comprise of 6 education courses, out of which only one is to be opted by students.
(Guidance and Counselling/Inclusive Education/Peace Education/Value Education/Skill Education/ School and Curriculum)
Recognized by NCTE