Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 050301|
Across the country Educational Institutions are experiencing ongoing difficulty in recruiting qualified candidates for leadership roles. Our two-year M.A. in Educational Leadership and Management Program is designed to help educators develop a critically reflective understanding of Institution improvement concepts and research. The Programme is specifically designed for administrators and teachers who have experience of working in schools and colleges and who want to gain skills and credentials as leaders and managers to advance their current career or launch a new one.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Facilitate the development and articulation of vision of learning
- Explore and critique educational leadership and management theory, research and practice
- Investigate how the intersections of policy and practice influence leaders and managers of schools, institutions of higher education and systems.
- Teach students to understand, respond and influence the political, social, economic, legal, and cultural contexts of their learning communities.
- Teach students to manage the use of resources to effectively and efficiently meet educational needs and apply technology for effective decision making.
At the end of the Programme the Graduates will have the skills to:
- Master new approaches to leadership and understand leadership practices in national & international, social, cultural, political and policy contexts;
- Develop and implement effective & meaningful strategies to manage the school environment to support student learning and for supporting and supervising teachers;
- Facilitate the collaborative development and implementation of shared values, vision, mission, and goals to support learning and achievement for all students;
- Build positive and effective relationships between the educational institution, families and the larger community;
- Maximize opportunities for curricular, instructional, and assessment practices;
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Education Philosophies & Policy Framework, Governance & Ethics, Finance & Budgeting, Educational Loans & Scholarships, Social Research Methods, Approval Process, Research Grants and Funding, Infrastructure Planning and Managing Human Resource, International Collaborations and Benchmarking/ Accreditation