Duration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 050301
Master of Arts (Educational Leadership and Management) Programme would provide learners a wider and more comprehensive understanding of the aspects of Educational Leadership and Management. This Programme aims at developing professionals as managers and leaders of institutions involved in educational endeavours. It is an innovative Post Graduate Programme in education that emphasizes on both disciplinary and professional dimensions of educational management and leadership.
The Programme comprises of:
- Foundation Courses such as Philosophical, Sociological and Psychological Perspectives in Education, Research Methodology etc.
- Elective Courses (Higher Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Management etc.)
- Research (Dissertation and Viva- Voce)
- Field Experience and Working with Community
Programme Educational Objectives
- To make use of educational leadership and management theories in research.
- To analyze policies and practices that influence leaders and managers of schools and institutions of higher educational systems.
- To reflect upon various styles of educational leadership and management keeping in view political, social, economic, legal and cultural contexts.
- To apply resource management skills to meet educational needs of students effectively and efficiently.
On completion of the Programme, the graduates will be able to:
- practice new approaches of leadership and management at national and international level.
- implement effective and meaningful strategies in managing and leading various types of educational institutions.
- facilitate in inculcating the leadership and managerial ethics and values.
- contribute actively for building positive and effective relationships between the educational institution and the community at large.
- create opportunities for curricular, instructional and assessment practices.
- evaluate the impact of new initiatives and alliances.
- conduct research on various aspects of educational leadership and management.
The Programme is delivered through seminars, workshops, tutorials and lectures. Internship is an integral component of the curriculum. The focus is on essential skills and knowledge with a balance of practical and theoretical learning.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Foundation Courses in Education, Research Methodology, Educational Leadership and Management, Governance and Ethics, Infrastructure Planning, Managing Human Resources, Disaster Management etc.
Graduates are prepared for roles including leadership and management, such as, Education Officers, Education Administrators and Managers in a range of educational institutions including schools. The graduates can work in the education field at various positions such as Directors, Deputy Directors, Principals, Vice Principals, Headmistresses/Headmasters, Academic Coordinators and Supervisors etc.
Graduation in any stream from a UGC recognized university, or an equivalent degree approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), or any other equivalent degree to the satisfaction of the Academic Council of the University. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully clear Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.