The National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) has weaved out the whole curriculum of Bachelor of Education programme around the three pillars of Perspectives in Education, Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies, and Engagement with the Field. The component Engagement with the Fieldlays out a platform for sustained engagement of student-teachers with the self, the child, community and school, at different levels and through establishing close connections between different curricular areas. School Experience Programme is an integral feature of this domain, providing a hands-on experience of Philosophy and functioning of schools to future teachers.Within this defined framework, the student teachers of School of Education, G D Goenka University completed their two phases of School Experience Programme at varioius Public, Private, World, and International schools.
School Experience Programme –I (2 weeks)Major Activities:
Observing and reflecting on roles and responsibilities of different school staff, study of the infrastructural facilities, observing and reflecting onthe guidance and counselling services, surveying and collecting information on learners with special needs and critically analysing the evaluation pattern followed by the school.
School Experience Programme –II (2 weeks)
Organizing, assisting and participating in classroom and co-curricular activities at the schools and recording experiences in a reflective journal, focus on action research practiced by the teacher, acquaintance with different types of registers/records maintained in a school, interviewing the Head of the School and practicing construction of the time table using ICT.
School Experience Programme –III (16 weeks)
- Internship of 16 weeks in G D Goenka Public schools, G D Goenka World School and all leading public and government schools.
- Placement opportunities at all G D Goenka Public Schools and G D Goenka World School.
- All faculty members possess Doctorate in Education from premier educational institutions from India and abroad.
- Well –equipped classrooms with Wi-Fi facility and state of art resource centres and laboratories.
- Imparting inter-disciplinary, research and practical-oriented education with a focus on learning beyond classroom.
- Focus on cultural and value- based education.
- Engagement in community and extension services.
- Progressive Research and Development.
- International exposure to world-class educational practices and innovations.