Programme OverviewDuration: 4 Years I Programme Code: 020203
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering programme provides you with a sound knowledge of computing principles and applications in scientific and engineering domains. It develops in you an ability to analyze complex engineering problems and generate solutions through computing. It also gives you an exposure to principles and practices of design and development of computing systems.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will apply the knowledge of science, mathematics, and computer science and engineering to identify and solve complex engineering problems across a broad range of application areas.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of computer science and engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
Programme OutcomesUpon completion of the Computer Science and Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and engineering as it applies to the fields of computer hardware and software.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, to analyze and to interpret data.
- Design hardware and software systems, components, or processes to meet identified needs within economic, environmental and social constraints.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Identify, formulate, and solve hardware and software problems using engineering principles.
- Understand the professional and ethical responsibility in engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means
- Understand the impact of computing and engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in the area of computer science & engineering.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for computer engineering practice.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles in the area of computer science and engineering to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad programs.
Software Engineering, Data Structures and Algorithms, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Computer Networks, Cloud Computing , Oops through C++, Computer Graphics, Discrete Structures, Intellectual Property Rights, Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems, Web Technology and Core Java, Operating Systems.
This programme enables you to contribute both in the area of hardware and software design of computer systems. Opportunities exist in the area of Design Engineering, Computing/IT Consulting and Solution Developers. Graduating engineers also work as System/Network Administrators or IT Managers.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.