Programme OverviewDuration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020204
B. Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering programme provides a solid foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge of Electronic Devices and Circuits, Communication Systems, Microprocessors, VLSI Design Embedded Systems, Wireless Communication and Digital Signal Processing.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will have knowledge in electronics and communication engineering complemented by the appropriate skills and attributes.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of electronics and communication engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
Programme OutcomesUpon completion of Electronics & Communication Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and electronics & communication engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Use current techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for solving electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing in electronics and communication engineering domain.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Design and develop electronics and communication systems fulfilling desired needs and satisfying practical constraints.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in electronics and communication engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of electronics and communication engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the electronics and communication engineering domain.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad programs.
Network Analysis and Synthesis, Electromagnetic Field Theory, VLSI Design, Semiconductor Devices , Analog Electronics Circuits, Wireless Communication, Analog and Digital Systems Design, Integrated Circuits, Digital Image Processing, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, Automation and Robotics.
Opportunities exist in industries involving wireless communications and signal processing, micro and nano-electronics, lasers and optics, electronic devices, telecommunications, nanotechnology, robotics, information systems, power systems, computer software-hardware integration, control systems, and other advanced technologies.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.