Programme OverviewDuration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020215
B.Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering is a multi-disciplinary program offering expertise in mathematics, physics, electronics, electrical and mechanical engineering. Instrumentation engineering is a specialized branch of electrical and electronics engineering. It primarily focuses on the principle and operation of measuring instruments, which are used in the design and configuration of automated systems.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates demonstrate proficiency in fundamental knowledge in industrial instrumentation and control by applying theory to practice for meeting the expectations of industry / take up research work in multi-disciplinary areas.
- Graduates possess capability to take up career in optimization and automation of industrial process control with environment protection and safety concern.
- Graduates are adaptable to diverse working environment, possess good communication skills and leadership quality.
- Graduates are capable of adopting latest developments by life-long learning with professional and ethical uprightness and socio-economic concerns.
- Ability to apply the principles of measurements & automation to solve real world problems.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of mathematics and science to develop the mathematical model of the industrial process and physical systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement and test electronic circuits and interpret the results.
- Ability to apply the principles of programming concepts and circuit theory to develop instrumentation systems which meets real world requirements.
- Ability to use techniques, skills and advanced hardware and software tools used in industries to develop automation concepts.
- Ability to understand the working of processes related to industries and design control algorithms for different industrial process models.
- Possess broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, ethical and societal context.
- Ability to write technical paper on the topics related to Instrumentation & Control Engineering and contribute to knowledge creation.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty, well equipped laboratories and computing facilities, with latest technology, inter-disciplinary project based learning, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad program.
Circuit analysis (Digital & Analogue), Power Electronics, Control Theory (Basic and Modern), System Modelling, Microprocessors and Microcontrollers, Process Control and Instrumentation, Analytical and Biomedical Instrumentation
Designing and developing new control systems, process automation, factory automation, power system protection and switch gear, embedded systems, network analysis and synthesis, power electronics and drives, Instrumentation and control.
Pass in 10+2 from CBSE or other equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of these- Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology or any technical vocational subjects. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete GATA (Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission) and appear for a personal interview.