Programme OverviewDuration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020201
B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering programme provides you with the knowledge of Science and Technology of Materials, Energy, Manufacturing and Design to impart technical skills to take up key assignments in the relevant field. It also trains you to apply the principles of motion, energy, force and materials to design competitive products that are safe, efficient and cost effective.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will utilize the knowledge of science and engineering to lead a successful career in mechanical engineering or other fields.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of mechanical engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
Programme OutcomesUpon completion of the Mechanical Engineering (ME) programme, the students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering to solve complex engineering problems.
- Use current techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for solving mechanical engineering problems.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing in mechanical engineering domain.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Design and develop mechanical systems fulfilling desired needs satisfying practical constraints.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in mechanical engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the mechanical engineering domain.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad programs.
Manufacturing Processes, Kinematics of Machinery, Turbo-Machines, Fluid Mechanics, Heat and Mass Transfer, CAD/CAM, Strength of Materials, Automation in Manufacturing, Engineering Thermodynamics , Thermal Engineering Systems, Dynamics of Machinery, Mechatronics.
Opportunities exist in the field of automobile, power, manufacturing, aerospace, nanotechnology, robotics, railways.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.