Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 3 Years||Programme Code: 020212|
The programme imparts comprehensive knowledge with equal emphasis on theory and practice in the field of computer applications. A BCA graduate would be able to demonstrate advanced skills in the effective analysis, design and realization of business systems utilizing contemporary information technology. Students develop skills in accounting, management, finance and other business-related areas, and gain the analytical and interpersonal skills necessary for any role in a business environment.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become successful professional by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
- The students will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through advanced degrees in information technology, discussion, professional studies and research.
Upon completion of the BCA programme, students will be able to:
- Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core computer applications.
- Identify computer application related problems, analyze them and design the system or provide the solution for the problem considering legal, ethical and societal issues.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, Interdisciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, industry interaction and semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Fundamentals of Computer Programming, Python Programming, OOPS Using C ++, Computer System Architecture, System Analysis and Design, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Digital Design, Accounting and financial Management, Microprocessors, Database Management Systems, .NET Framework, Principles of Management, System Administration, project based learning etc.
After completing BCA course, students have opportunity to work as Database Administrator, Computer Programmer, System Administrator or Computer Support Service Specialist in reputed IT companies. BCA graduates can also pursue Master level degree or Post Graduate Diploma courses to widen their career prospects.
10 + 2 from CBSE or any equivalent examination from approved board. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for personal interview.