Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 4 Years||Programme Code: 020206|
B. Tech. Chemical Engineering combines the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the production or use of chemicals, fuel, drugs, food, and many other products. It aims to produce engineers who can design processes and equipment for large-scale safe and sustainable manufacturing, plan and test methods of manufacturing products and treating byproducts, and supervise production.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- The graduates will have a productive career in the many diverse fields of chemical engineering
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of chemical engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or
- professional and doctoral level studies.
Upon completion of the B. Tech. Chemical Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require the application of principles and applied procedures or methodologies
- Demonstrate an appreciation of contemporary issues relevant to chemical engineering.
- Design processes that meet desired specifications with consideration of environmental, safety, economic and ethical criteria.
- Identify, formulate and solve chemical engineering problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context.
- Manage projects related to Chemical Engineering.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the chemical engineering domain.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering Thermodynamics, Chemical Process Control, Engineering Materials, Bioengineering, Electrochemical Energy, Computational Chemistry, Polymer Engineering, Ecology and Environment, Nanotechnology, Bio-molecular Engineering, Energy and Climate.
The employment and career opportunities exist in leading industries as Chemical Engineer, Energy Engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Product/process Development Scientist, Analytical Chemist, Materials Engineer etc.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and appear for a Personal Interview.