Programme OverviewDuration: 3 Years I Programme Code: 020001
The programme is designed to provide an excellent background for students who intend to pursue employment in a professional career requiring extensive preparation in computer science, as well as for those who intend to continue the study of computer science at the undergraduate level. Students will learn and practice key computer science concepts by building their own versions of popular web applications, widely used programming language, and computer science basics, as student will build their own search engine and social network.
- To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue graduation in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze & solve engineering problems related to Computer Science.
- To become effective technical communicators, orally and in writing, and effective team members capable of working effectively in groups on computing problems.
- To provide student with an academic environment that fosters excellence, transparency, leadership and promote awareness of life-long learning.
- To enhance their skills and embrace new computing technologies through self-directed professional development.
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice
- An ability to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modelling and design of computer-based systems.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity
Students will be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of Database System, Software Engineering, Computer Networking and Operating System for software applications, design & develop program, algorithms and projects using open source tools and efficient data structure.
Computer engineering covers the concepts of Database Management Systems, Operating System, Software Engineering, Web Programming, Network Security and Management, Mobile Computing, and many others. These concepts can be applied in industries to design hardware, software, firmware, and manage all forms of computer systems.
Computer science careers cover many different topics, such as algorithms and programming languages. Students in this area can get their bachelor's or master's degrees. Computer engineering careers are geared towards testing different digital software, inspecting computer equipment and focus on computer-related needs for different organizations.
To take admission in any of the three year diploma courses should have passed 10th class examination with minimum 35% marks from Board of School Education, Haryana or equivalent examination from a recognized board. For direct admission to 2nd year the student should have passed 12th science with vocational / technical or 10+2 (2 Years ITI) with appropriate specialization.