Programme OverviewDuration: 3 Years I Programme Code: 020003
Mechanical Engineering is the branch of Engineering that deals with design, manufacturing and operation of machinery. This branch uses concepts of engineering, physics and material science for design, manufacturing, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. The aim is to develop students’ creative skills in engineering design, analytical ability, innovative and problem solving skills in the key mechanical engineering subjects and build confidence among students to handle live mechanical engineering projects.
- Practice mechanical engineering in a broad range of industries.
- Develop successful careers as mechanical engineers and demonstrate professional engineering competence via positions of increasing responsibility and assignments.
- Apply their mechanical engineering education to address the full range of technical and societal problems with creativity, imagination, confidence and responsibility.
- Actively seek out positions of leadership within their profession and their community.
- Serve as ambassadors for engineering by exhibiting the highest ethical and professional standards, and by communicating the importance and excitement of this dynamic field.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- An ability to use the modern mechanical engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to work professionally in mechanical systems areas.
Students will receive broad education on mechanical engineering at a professional level. Some topics that may be covered include drafting, CAD, engineering design, manufacturing sciences, project management & engineering management. Analytical and mathematical skills are an important aspect of this program, individuals will be able to further develop their engineering skills. Students get extensive hands-on experience with technology and materials used in the field, particularly manufacturing, measurement & control, & maintenance equipment.
Mechanical engineering covers the concepts of thermodynamics, machine design, manufacturing, industrial engineering and many others. These concepts can be applied in the process of designing & manufacturing of different type of vehicles, plants, machines & mechanical parts.
Mechanical engineers are required to design, manufacture, test, install, operate and maintain various types of machines and mechanical systems that are used in countless industries. Major industries that employ mechanical engineers include automobile, aerospace, HVAC, process and biomedical. Other major employers include power plants, rotary device manufacturers, oil & gas exploration etc.
To take admission in any of the three year diploma courses should have passed 10th class examination with minimum 35% marks form Board of School Education, Haryana or equivalent examination form a recognized board. For direct admission to 2nd year the student should have passed 12th science with vocational / technical or 10+2 (2 Years ITI) with appropriate specialization.