Programme OverviewDuration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 020304
M. Tech. VLSI Design programme aims to impart knowledge of VLSI system design covering algorithms, hardware description languages, system architectures, physical designs, verification techniques, simulation & synthesis, low power design techniques etc. The recent advancements in VLSI design have enabled most of the systems to become compact & reliable and to deliver data at high speed. The students will get an opportunity to participate in projects related to design of low power VLSI systems, optimization of digital circuits, and large area flexible electronics.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become professionals equipped with the knowledge of VLSI/nanometer scale IC and ASIC design methodologies.
- The graduates will be exposed to the complexities and design methodologies of current and advanced IC design technologies.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Programme OutcomesUpon completion of the M. Tech. VLSI Design (VLSI) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced level knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of VLSI Design.
- Understand the complexities and design methodologies of current and advanced IC design technologies.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Identify, formulate, and solve VLSI design problems using advanced level manufacturing techniques.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Understand the impact of VLSI design solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in the area of VLSI design.
- Manage projects related to VLSI design in multidisciplinary environments.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Major areas that will be covered under this Programme:
Advanced Semiconductor Devices, Analog and Digital IC Design, VLSI Digital Signal Processing, ASIC Design, VLSI Design Verification and Testing, Computer Aided Design for VLSI
The employment and career opportunities exist in leading core companies manufacturing ICs, R & D organizations involving VLSI Design & device modeling and IC Foundries.
BE/B. Tech or equivalent in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / EI or M.Sc. in Physics/Electronics or in relevant discipline.In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.