Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 3 Years||Programme Code: 020307|
The programme aims at preparing professionals for the Computer Application industry. This post graduate course focuses on both theoretical and practical application of computer technology in enabling the students to be knowledgeable in programming, analytical ability, networking, computational techniques, multimedia communication methods, simulation, modeling etc.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become successful professionals by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate leadership in academia and industry.
- The students will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through discussion, professional studies and research.
Upon completion of the MCA programme, students will be able to:
- Use and apply advanced technical concepts and practices in the core computer applications.
- Identify computer application related problems, analyze them and design the system or provide the solution for the problem considering legal, ethical and societal issues.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, knowledge transfer through scholarly activities, Interdisciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Information Management, Object Oriented Programming using Java, Microprocessor, Accounting and Financial Management, Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Advanced Database Management System, Database Administration, Software Project Management, E-Commerce & Web Application Development, Linux Operating System, Modern Operating Systems, Embedded Systems, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, Advanced Computer Architecture, Software Testing and Quality Management, intense project based learning etc.
After completing MCA course, the post-graduates will have an opportunity to work as a Database Administrator, Computer Programmer, System Administrator or Computer Support Service Specialist in the reputed IT companies.
An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline from UGC approved University. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.