Programme OverviewDuration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 020312
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Chemistry offers a wide range of courses including Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, etc. Experts from Pure and Applied Chemistry domain will teach the courses, and students will develop a thorough understanding of fundamentals and experimental concepts of Chemistry. There will be opportunity for the students to participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme and gain experience in a large variety of projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become successful professional by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
- The graduates will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through discussion, professional and doctoral level studies.
Programme OutcomesAt the end of the programme the students will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge, abilities and insight in well-defined area of research within Chemistry.
- Work as a Chemistry professional, and qualify for training as scientific researcher.
- Develop knowledge of scientific theories and methods, gain experience in working independently with scientific questions and clearly express their opinion on academic issues.
- Develop communication skills, both written and oral, for specialized and non-specialized audiences.
- Acquire the skills of planning and conducting advanced chemical experiments and applying structural-chemical characterization techniques.
- Examine specific phenomena theoretically and/or experimentally, contribute to the generation of new scientific insights or to the innovation of new applications of research in Chemistry.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, Interdisciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computational facilities, industry interaction, and semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Supramolecular Chemistry, Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Co-ordination and Organometallic Chemistry, Organic Synthesis and Reagents, Quantum Chemistry and Group Theory, Natural Product Chemistry, Numerical Methods and Computer Programming, and project based learning.
Chemistry is used in medicine, natural sciences, technology, environment, and much more. Graduates with Master's degrees in Chemistry are in demand on the job market in sectors ranging from energy to environment, teaching to research, pharmaceutical to medical sciences.
An undergraduate degree in a related discipline from UGC approved University. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for personal interview.