Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 020313|
This course has been developed to create individuals who can become data scientists capable of working with the massive amount of data that is now common to many businesses. It is aimed at people who want to move into this rapidly expanding and exciting area. This programme will help students to develop the core skills and expertise needed by the data scientist.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will develop the capability to integrate theory, technical information and appropriate methods in effectively analyzing and solving real world problems.
- The graduates will acquire an appropriate level of communication skill to effectively disseminate research and technical information, including the practical implications of research analyses.
- The graduates will be engaged in lifelong learning and professional development through scholarly activities such as discussion, professional studies and research.
- The graduates will acquire advanced and applied knowledge in the profession of data mining, cloud computing and statistical analysis.
At the end of the programme the students will be able to:
- Understand the three core areas of statistics, computing and management.
- Gain expertise in industry standard software such as SAS, Hadoop, MATLAB etc.
- Identify problems in the field of data analytics, analyze them and design the system or provide the solution for the problem considering legal, ethical and societal issues.
- Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- Work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate scientific leadership in academia and industry.
The course has dedicated modules to cater to the emerging needs of Quantitative Methodology, Research Methodology, Sports Industry, Sponsorship, Broadcasting, Media Relations and Infrastructure Management. The Course would prepare them to handle voluminous data from multiple sources, employ various statistical methods to generate data for predictive modeling, explore and examine data from various angles. The curriculum and the teaching pedagogy are being constantly upgraded to make them both industry and market friendly. The students would be equipped to manage data efficiently and consequently communicate predictions and findings through effective data visualizations and reports. In due course, the students would get the advantage and the power to meet challenges in diverse fields.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Big Data Systems, R Programming, Data Mining and Warehousing, NoSQL databases, Hadoop Distributed File System, Optimization Techniques, Machine Learning, Data Visualization, Implementation based Project development followed by intensive Hands-on on data cleaning, generating hypothesis, making inferences and visualizing data.
Companies need specialized professionals who can identify, collect, analyze, interpret and transform data to drive value and innovation. This is true for diverse industries like finance, healthcare, consumer goods, high-tech, etc. Regardless of what industry you decide to work in, the program will prepare you for key roles in business intelligence, customer management, talent analytics, social and policy development, voting behavior research, finance/control, and operations optimization among others. After completion of the course , the post graduate will have the opportunities to work as analytics professionals, BI/DW professionals, Big Data Professionals etc.
An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline from UGC approved University. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for personal interview.