Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 020310|
In this era of market globalization, information technology has emerged as a fundamental factor in the success of business operations. The role of information technology is particularly important for service industries such as finance, insurance, real estates, transport logistics and hospitality in which efficiency provides a definite competitive edge. The Master of Science Program in Information and Technology is designed to meet this need. Master of Science in Information Technology degree program prepare students to better understand the complex world of Information Technology
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will work in the area of emerging technologies like IT infrastructures, software development, IT systems management including IT security.
- The graduates will demonstrate competence in advanced and independent research methods and skills by successfully undertaking an IT research project.
- The graduates will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through discussion, professional and doctoral level studies.
At the end of the programme the students will be able to:
- Develop data administration policies and procedures.
- Use managerial economics to plan, control and make technological decisions.
- Utilize a methodological approach to system design and implementation.
- Gather, assess and interpret information on emerging technologies and key trends in the application of these technologies to a particular industry.
- Understand data security issues, data encryption and legal aspects of information security.
- Utilize architectural solutions for information systems and their underlying technologies.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, Interdisciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories for Language Lab, Image Processing and Speech Recognition, Software Testing and Quality Assurance Laboratories etc., exceptional computational facilities, industry interaction and semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Computer Organization and Architecture, C#, Object Oriented Programming using Java, Advanced Data Communication & Networks, Communication and Soft Skills, Web Services, OOSD & UML, Advanced Database Management System, Advanced Operating System, Modeling & Simulation, Cyber Security, Software Testing and Quality Assurance, Data Science Methodologies & BIG DATA, project based learning etc.
While there is a large and growing demand for professionals trained to collect data and use analytics to drive performance, there is currently a deficit in the supply of these individuals in the global job market. The deficit in the market for data/ Big Data analytics professionals is growing exponentially. This poses a serious challenge for recruiters, but it is an enviable opportunity for professionals who have the right skills and training to fill these positions.
An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline from UGC approved University. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.