Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 020313|
Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics offers a large variety of courses ranging from pure algebra to mathematical programming to fluids dynamics. Experts from a wide range of Pure and Applied Mathematics domain will teach the courses and graduates will develop a thorough understanding of fundamental theories and analytical skills. There will be opportunity for the students to participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme and work on a large variety of projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become successful professionals by demonstrating logical and analytical thinking abilities.
- The graduates will be trained in the analysis, abstraction and reflection necessary to solve complex problems, and will be effective professionals.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in team, and demonstrate leadership quality in area of Mathematics.
- The graduates will engage in lifelong learning and professional development through discussion, professional and doctoral level studies.
At the end of the programme the students will be able to:
- Acquire knowledge, abilities and insight in Mathematics and related fields.
- Work as a Mathematics professional, and qualify for training as scientific researcher.
- Develop knowledge of scientific theories and methods, gain experience in working independently with scientific questions and engineering problems, and clearly express their opinion on academic issues.
- Participate in scientific work and independently handle business functions using learned skills.
- Develop communication skills, both written and oral, for specialized and non-specialized audiences.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, Interdisciplinary project based learning, exceptional computational facilities, industry interaction, and semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Real Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations, Mathematical Programming, Mathematical Statistics, Algebra, Numerical Methods and Computer Programming, Complex Analysis, Topology, Fluid Dynamics, Methods of Applied Mathematics, Principle of Optimization Theory, Functional Analysis, Fuzzy Sets and Application, Graph Theory, project based learning.
Mathematics is used in medicine, natural sciences, technology, finance, environment, public administration, and much more. Graduates with Master’s degrees in mathematical sciences are in demand in the job market in sectors ranging from energy to finance, teaching to research, and analytics to information technology.
An undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline from UGC approved University. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for personal interview.