Programme OverviewDuration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 020314
M. Tech. Embedded Systems is an interdisciplinary programme designed and launched in view of the heavy demand for the well trained engineers in this domain as forecast by various agencies including Department of Electronics and Information Technology-(DEITY), Government of India.It aims to produce engineers of high caliber that meet the emerging challenges with embedded solutions.
Upon completion of the M. Tech. Embedded Systemsprogramme, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced level knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools in the field of Embedded Systems.
- Respond to global policy initiatives and meet the emerging challenges with sustainable technological solutions in the field of electronic product designing.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Understand the importance of embedded technologies and design new innovative products for solving society relevant problems.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Identify major factors that would affect the society based on embedded technologies.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- Manage projects related to Embedded Systems in multidisciplinary environments.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become professionals equipped with the knowledge of Embedded System Engineering.
- The graduates will become policy makers who respond to global policy initiatives and meet the emerging challenges with sustainable solutions in the Embedded Systems.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities
The employment and career opportunities exist in leading industries as Embedded System Engineers, Embedded System Developers / Consultants, Electronic Product Architects and Test Engineers in Embedded Domain.
B.E/B.Tech. or equivalent in Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, Computer Science or Masters degree in Computer Application with minimum 50% marks.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Real Time Operating System, Internet of Things, Product Designing, Advance Microprocessors-ARM, Networked Embedded Systems, Advance Digital Signal Processing, Digital System Design, Hardware/Software Co-design, Embedded System Testing, Development tool and IDEs, Project Management.