Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 020306|
M. Tech. Energy and Environmental Engineering is an interdisciplinary programme connecting the broad areas of Energy and Environment. It aims to produce graduates of high caliber that meet the emerging challenges with sustainable technological solutions such that the graduates can develop innovative and creative answers to various energy and environmental problems.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- The graduates will become professionals equipped with the knowledge of Energy and Environmental Engineering.
- The graduates will become policy makers who respond to global policy initiatives and meet the emerging challenges with sustainable technological solutions in the field of energy and environment.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Upon completion of the M. Tech. Energy and Environmental Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced level knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools in the field of Energy and Environmental Engineering.
- Distinguish the different energy generation systems and their environmental impacts.
- Respond to global policy initiatives and meet the emerging challenges with sustainable technological solutions in the field of energy and environment.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Understand the importance of energy efficiency and formulate energy conservation strategy for sustainable environment.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Identify major factors that would affect the atmosphere and the climate change.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- Manage projects related to Energy and Environmental Engineering in multidisciplinary environments.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Environmental Quality Monitoring, Renewable Energy Technologies, Energy Audit, Energy, Environment and Climate Change, Design of Wastewater Treatment Systems, Energy Instrumentation, Measurements and Control, Advanced Heat Transfer, Environmental and Energy Policy
The employment and career opportunities exist in leading industries as Environmental Engineers, Environmental Auditors / Consultants, Energy Scientists and Energy Auditors.
B.E/B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical Engineering or Masters degree in Science with Mathematics with minimum 50% marks.