Placed in Inner pages
Tagged with B.Tech colleges in delhi, B.Tech colleges in Gurgaon, B.Tech colleges in India, Best Engineering Colleges, Best Engineering Colleges in Delhi, Best Engineering Colleges in India, Engineering Colleges Gurgaon, Engineering colleges in delhi, School of Engineering, Top Engineering Colleges, Top Engineering Colleges in Delhi, Top Engineering Colleges in India
GD Goenka School of Engineering is a new age institute of engineering education driven by the philosophy that new thinking in the areas of teaching, learning, research and training are pivotal to making students tomorrow’s leaders and giving them a world view.
Engineering education at GD Goenka University is different. We provide exceptional employment prospects as a result of our commitment to academic excellence, focus on teaching, research and holistic education and the benefits of our being in National Capital Region (NCR) location. Our faculty and students are actively involved in research. We understand that the pillars of an educational institution are its faculty members and we have some of the best brains from Industry and prominent Institutions. Through our Flexible Credit System (FCS), we propose to inculcate multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary competence and leadership skills in our students. Following are some of the highlights of the School.
- Outcome Based Education: The GD Goenka School of Engineering follows the theory of Outcome Based Education and bases each part of the education system such as course teaching, evaluation, feedback etc. around goals and outcomes. We believe that by the end of the educational experience here, every student should have acquired the attributes to make them successful in life. The Outcome Based Education model not only helps student achieve these goals, but also makes the engineering degree acceptable and recognized worldwide.
- Inter-Disciplinary Project based Learning: No engineering education can be complete without teaching the students how a team works on a project. Normally Indian students get to work on projects in their final year. We at GD Goenka School of Engineering have gone one step further. Not only do our students need to work on interdisciplinary projects each semester for 3 credits, but they are also encouraged to take part in initiatives such as Research Saturday, where they can devote one day of the weekend towards research and development activities.
- Semester Abroad and Summer-School Programs: Students at GD Goenka School of Engineering have multiple options to select from which can provide rich global exposure. The School has active collaborations with top American Universities such as Purdue University, University of California Riverside, Oklahoma State University and University of Arkansas. Our students have already done fully funded internships and attended summer schools abroad. In addition, faculty from foreign Universities also teach here for a semester/year under faculty exchange program.
- Industry Integrated Up-to-Date Curriculum: The curriculum studied by the students of the GD Goenka School of Engineering is cutting edge. Board of Studies at the school includes eminent academicians and industry professionals who help keeping the syllabus up to date with the current trends. This enables the students with the skill sets that makes them more employable. In addition the School also offer industry specialized courses in association with global leaders such as IBM.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure: The infrastructure at GD Goenka School of Engineering has no equal in the country. The campus is fully air conditioned and has wi-fi with high speed internet. There are well equipped laboratories, libraries, cafeteria and hostel with gymnasium and swimming pool. Students can indulge in variety of sports such as volleyball, badminton, tennis, basketball, football, cricket etc.
- Faculty with rich international experience: GD Goenka School of Engineering lays a great emphasis on handpicking the best faculty members from India and abroad. All of them are experts in their respective fields and have rich global experience. While many have their degrees from top foreign Universities, others have obtained exposure through conference papers presentations, joint projects and research, webinars and faculty exchange.
- Lowest student teacher ratio: The students of GD Goenka School of Engineering enjoy individual attention of teachers due to one of the lowest student teacher ratio in the country. This helps in proper mentoring of the students by the assigned faculty mentors. The teachers can easily track the progress of students and take remedial measures which is not possible with a high ratio between the students and teachers.
- Minor option along with Major programme of study: The School of Engineering at GD Goenka University offers great flexibility to its students and gives them opportunity to do a minor degree along with the major programme without extending their time of study. This minor specialization provides students with extra skills which help them stand out from the crowd when they appear for job interviews. Not many Universities in India offer such specializations which is quite common in the advanced countries.
- Vibrant campus life: The campus is buzzing with activity throughout the year as variety of events take place. The academic year starts with orientation program, followed by sports meet, international conference, project exhibition, cultural fest etc. In between there are workshops, guest lectures, industrial visits, seminars and webinars. All such activities help in the holistic development of the students which cannot be achieved by classroom chalk and talk alone.
- Great placement support: The Corporate Resource Centre at GD Goenka University provides able support to the students of School of Engineering for their internships and placements. From the very beginning of their study, students are exposed to activities such as mock interviews and aptitude tests. Interaction with professionals from the industry helps the students to learn from their experiences and get a glimpse of the corporate culture they aspire to be a part of.
Tags: B.Tech colleges in delhi, B.Tech colleges in Gurgaon, B.Tech colleges in India, Best Engineering Colleges, Best Engineering Colleges in Delhi, Best Engineering Colleges in India, Engineering Colleges Gurgaon, Engineering colleges in delhi, School of Engineering, Top Engineering Colleges, Top Engineering Colleges in Delhi, Top Engineering Colleges in India