Duration : 1.5 Years
One and a half year Diploma in hotel management Programme familiarize and equip students with fundamental, skills, attitudeandKnowledge. The Programme also provides detailed understanding of the operational aspects of the hospitality industry with the help of theoretical and practical exposures.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To led Fundamental knowledge Food and Beverage operational Skills.
- To give an insight to the students on operational areas of hospitality industry
- To equip students with practical skills for an effective management of hotel and catering establishments.
- To foster in-depth industry knowledge with practical skill training to develop responsiveness, commitment, ownership, punctuality and teamwork.
At the end of the programme the students will
- Develop knowledge and understanding of varied hospitality subjects like Hotel laws, Accommodation Management, Food & Beverage Production, Food & Beverage Service &Food & Beverage Management, Finance and other hospitality areas.
- Possess technical competence in the three specialized domains of the course-Food & Beverage Production, Food & Beverage Service,Accommodation Operations.
- Develop entrepreneurial skills in hospitality.
- Recognize various hospitality management structures and systems of organization.
- Attain business foundation skills and knowledge
- Be able to use technology and software applications related to the requirements of the course.
- Develop life skills such as problem-solving and effective communication.
- Be proficient in the areas of professional practice.
- Be orientated towards productivity and service excellence.
Diploma in hotel management is a 3 Semester course-(1.5-year programme) inclusive of Industrial training exposure in core and allied departments of hotel.
After the completion of 1.5 years at GD Goenka University.
- Migrate to Australia for Second Year of Bachelors Degree * at LCB Campus at Sydney or Adelaide. Diploma Programme makes eligible to join Le Cordon Bleu Australia's Second Year of Bachelor's Degree, which benefits students on migration to Australia easier with admission security and substantial savings on course fees and living expenses for a year. Students also have a choice of interdisciplinary education since academic collaboration with Le Cordon Bleu Australia to offer :
- Bachelor of International Hotel Management (3 Years)
- Bachelor of International Restaurant Management (3 Years)
- Continue at GD Goenka University in Second Year of BHMCT Degree.
- Exit with Diploma in Hotel Management.
*Migration is subject to required IELTS Score, Successful Completion of Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 5 and issuance of Visa by Australia High Commission.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Room division Fundamentals, Kitchen Operations Management,Environmental Studies,Introduction to Beer, Spirits &Wine, Finance, Hotel laws, Communications, Food and Beverage service and Management.
Opportunity exist in core and allied fields of Hospitality and tourism related industries (Travel and tour agencies, Cruise Liners, Airlines, Hotels, Recreation and Cultural Centers).
10+2 from CBSE or other equivalent Examination with a minimum aggregate of 50 %. In addition, candidates also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
*Subject to Approval by Government of Haryana