Duration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 040301
A career in hospitality industry can be exciting and varied. There are numerous opportunities to progress in this area, and one can focus on specialist roles in Front Office and Housekeeping. MBA in Accommodation Operations & Management is designed for graduates of all streams with an aspiration to enter the world of hospitality with passion for guest service and relations.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart knowledge, skill and aptitude to a graduate of any stream, opting for a career in hospitality industry.
- To train students in Rooms Division Management (front office and housekeeping) by focusing on best practices for operational, strategic and staff management in lodging establishments.
- To train students in the operations of the PMS and ERP software
Students will develop knowledge and understanding of:
- Basics and advance knowledge about tourism and hospitality
- Learn about rooms division, operations and management
- Acquire skills of computer operation and software applications
- Graduates are expected to utilize this technical & management skills as well as apply critical thinking skills, ethical standards & problem solving skills within lodging organization.
- Learn the property management system software application
- Learn and acquire knowledge of front office accounting systems
- Acquire knowledge about revenue and yield management
MBA in Accommodations Operations and Management is a four semester- two year programme inclusive of industrial exposure giving them experience of a real life work place.
Some of the major courses are:
Rooms Division (Front Office & Housekeeping), Human Resource Management, Sales and Marketing, Hotel Finance.
The degree prepares graduates for employment in operational management or professional staff position with commercial lodging companies as well as position them to move up to higher levels such as General Manager and various other staff position. Enter the industry as Hotel Operations Trainee or Management Trainee and ramp up to Front office executives, Team Leaders, Revenue executives, Front Office Manager, Housekeeping Executive, Floor Supervisor, and Manager- Housekeeping.
Graduation in any field from a UGC approved university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.