Duration: 3 Years | Programme Code: 090212
There are over 400 million Spanish speakers worldwide, Spanish is the fourth most commonly spoken language in the world after Mandarin, English and Hindi and second largest language in the United States. It is an official language on four continent and is the mother tongue in 21 countries. Spain has a rich and popular culture and with wide representations in popular movies, is a popular travel destination. Spanish is also becoming a language essential for business as a fast growing market segment in this globalized world. This program is designed to provide students with a liberal arts foundation while equipping them with language skills. The course includes basic level Italian language, literature, history, culture and economy.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To deliver knowledge and understanding of Spanish Language and literature.
- To enable students to demonstrate and apply Spanish language skills in a variety of contexts.
- To develop good knowledge of the history, evolution and development of the language.
- To encourage self-expression and opinion.
- To provide a holistic grooming of speaking, writing, listening and reading skills in Spanish.
Programme OutcomeUpon successful completion of the programme the graduate would be able to :
- Read, write, and speak the Spanish language with reasonable fluency in different contexts.
- Develop an appreciation of Spanish Literature and Language
- Explain and review the history and evolution of the language and literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Spanish history, culture and political contexts with reference to the modern world.
Some of the major areas that will be covered are Spanish Literature, Language, Creative Writing in Spanish Language, Translation, History and Culture, Contemporary Issues.
Having a language major has many advantages. It not only make you culturally more competent but also possess diverse skill sets. Being bilingual will certainly make you have more competitive skills, make you more employable and have more career choices. Learning Spanish will help you fit into many countries across the globe. You can work as interpreter, translator, guide, feature writer, academic writer and book reviewer. You can also work with the Embassy, Spanish institutions and organizations. However if you choose not to enter the work force immediately, you can pursue Post Graduation and prepare for a teaching or research career.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview