Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 3 year||Programme Code: 090202|
The Programme is enriching yet challenging suited to the varying interests and career ambitions of students in area of economics. This is with an objective to encourage critical, evaluative and strategic ways of thinking using principles of economics. The objective is to generate an appreciation of the economic dimensions extending to social, political, environmental and international issues. Eventually this will equip the learners and ensure they have knowledge and skills with which they can progress and culminate seeking a variety of career opportunities or further enhance knowledge in economics and other multi-disciplinary areas involving economics.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- To deliver knowledge and understanding of topics in micro-and macro-economic theory at a more advanced level, and extend knowledge of a specific topic in either micro or macro-economic theory.
- To demonstrate and apply economic theory in a variety of contexts
- To deliver specific knowledge of relevant mathematical, statistical and econometric methods and the ability to employ specific econometric software.
- To gain subject knowledge, understanding and skills which are relevant to a variety of career aspirations, including postgraduate study in areas closely related to economics.
The learners are expected to demonstrate the following: :
- Critically evaluate and apply the theories and techniques of economics.
- Demonstrate subject-specific ‘thinking’ skills that are readily transferable to problem solving and decision making in a wider context.
- Enhance their lifelong learning, employing a range of practical and professional skills.
- Find, evaluate, synthesize and use information from a variety of sources
- Articulate an awareness of the social and community contexts within their disciplinary field
The programme offers a mix of conventional theory classes along with a well-articulated pedagogy that suits the contemporary requirements of today’s scenario. The course involves real / live business and economy wide case studies with clients, client briefs along with projects ensuring learners are able to relate and apply the concepts. Assessment of the courses are specific to the learning outcomes and teaching pedagogy which includes written examinations, case analysis presentations, article surveys, book and research paper reviews, lab based IT practical, data analysis exercises, software operations etc.
Some of the major areas that will be covered: Microeconomics (principles) and (applications); Macroeconomics (Theory) and (practice); Mathematics for Economists; Statistical Methods for Economics; Econometrics (basics) and (advanced); International Money and Finance; International Trade.
Economics graduate can secure careers in the public and private sectors of the economy. Most learners are expected to make the transition from their degree Programme to graduate level roles in a wide range of areas such as logistics, buying, sales, marketing, analysts, Civil Service, Local Government, Research institutes and agencies etc.
10+2 with Maths/Economics from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.