Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 3 year||Programme Code: 090201|
Study of Psychology is an academic discipline which involves scientific study of mental functions and behavior. The B.A. Hons, an undergraduate programme at GD Goenka is designed to impart the knowledge of various domains of psychology invigorating and apprising the learners of theoretical constructs and practical applicability of the subject. It takes a holistic approach to ensure the students have a deep understanding of the core fundamentals and are able to absorb and apply various concepts metamorphosing things learnt to reflect leading-edge in their preferred and chosen domains.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To introduce Psychology as a scientific study of mental functions and behavior.
- To impart the knowledge of various domains of psychology viz. Social Psychology, Counselling Psychology, School Psychology, Organizational Psychology, Clinical Psychology etc.
- To impart fundamental knowledge of various concepts, their application and enormities in varied fields.
- To apprise them of the latest developments in the field of psychology.
- To acquaint learners with methods and procedures used in conducting scientific research.
Upon successful completion of graduation, learners are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Acquire, absorb and apply knowledge of the fundamental principles in psychology.
- Understand psychological processes and human behavior.
- Develop critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Demonstrate statistical, information gathering, synthesis skills to facilitate research.
- Demonstrate coaching and counselling skills.
The teaching- learning process ranges from interactive sessions, discourses, lab experiments through subject matter expertise to various case studies, experiments, practicum demonstrations, discussions, audio visuals, industrial interphases, field visits and real time organizational trainings and internships. The pedagogy is focused to equip and enrich the learner making them adept in the subject. The evaluation criteria runs parallel to the course seeking a continuous comprehensive evaluation of all the competencies required in the area. This incorporates weightage given to theoretical concepts, practicals, class participation, projects, dissertations, industrial training/ internships etc.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Foundations of Psychology, Statistical methods for Research, Psychological Research, Development Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Social Psychology, Theories of Personality, Counselling, Health & Well-being, Organizational Behavior & HRM, Practicum etc.
The well thought of course design will facilitate exploring a range of career avenues in various domains and sectors. One can choose to pursue and develop a career in Schools/ Education, NGOs, Hospitals (Clinical), HR in Organizations/Industries, Social work, Coaching ,Training, Pursue further studies, carry research etc.
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.