Duration: 3 year | Programme Code: 090204
Bachelor's degree program in Travel & Tourism offers courses in topics such as event planning, marketing, ticketing, customer care, communication skills, hospitality management and restaurant management. Individuals who are interested in careers in travel and tourism can pursue this degree. The course offers not only the basic principles of the hospitality and tourism industries but also gives students training in the management skills specific to this field. The program also emphasizes internships as a way for students to gain experience.
- To deliver knowledge and understanding of Travel and Tourism in totality.
- To impart marketing, management and planning skills related to Travel & Tourism industries and how to apply them to various fields within the industry.
- To train students in rooms division (front office and housekeeping) by focussing on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for operational, strategic and staff management in travel agencies, hotels, tour operators, travel counters and travel desks at hotels.
- Develop a complete understanding of Travel & Tourism industry.
- Ability to run and manage the entire operations of a travel agency, travel desk, tour operator.
- Readiness for employment in travel and tourism sectors with all the necessary skills and know-how.
- Proficiency in event planning, marketing and promotion of a travel and tourism business.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Basic and advance knowledge of travel and tourism industry, Rooms division operations and management, Computer operation and software applications, Central Reservation Systems, Ticketing, Front Office Accounting Systems, Tour Operations, Managerial Skills, Communication Skills, Soft Skills.
- Hotel and restaurant management
- Resort development
- Resort/tour operations
- Hotel and casino marketing
- Cruise sales and marketing
- Travel show anchor
- Working with online travel sites such as Make My Trip, Go Ibibo etc
- Travelogue writer/food critic
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.