Ms. Minakshi BiswasAssistant Professor
Pursuing PhD in Political Science, Centre for Political Studies, JNU, New Delhi. PhD Research Topic: Care for the Elderly and Terminally Ill: Issues and Policies in India. Cleared UGC NET June 2015 M.Phil Research Topic: Euthanasia in the Indian Context: A political Perspective from Centre for Political Studies, JNU.
MA in Political Science from Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2012. BA (Political Hons) St.Xavier’s College, Kolkata, 2010.
Politics of life and death, Euthanasia, End of life care and Elderly care.
Total Experience: 2.5 years (Teaching Experience: 1 year 7 months, Research Organization: 2 months)
Political Theory, Indian Government and Politics, Palliative Care, Political Processes and Institutions.
- Biswas. M. (2015). The Right to die and other matters of Life and Death. The Economic Times.
- Biswas. M. (2016). All Deserve a Good Death, Allow Refusal for Treatment. The Economic Times
- Biswas, Minakshi. (2015). The Discourse on Development as Economic Growth to Sustainable Development Twenty First Century
- Publications, Patiala, titled Eco-Investment and Innovations for Green Growth Economy, 7-18.
- Biswas, M. (2016). Time to Reopen the Euthanasia Debate’, The Wire.
- Biswas, M. (2016). Is Passive Euthanasia going to be Legal in India? The Wire.
- Biswas, M. (2015). Living well till death. Journal of cancer research and therapeutics, 11(2), 257.
Awards & Honors
- Awarded Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2010-2012