Ms. Priya VijAssistant Professor
Master’s in Business Economics from Panjab University, Chandigarh and pursuing PhD in Retail Management (PTU, Jallandhar)
Competitive Strategies in Retail and Consumer Behavior
Total Teaching Experience: 8 years
Advanced & Basic Microeconomics and Macroeconomics, Indian Economy, Economics of Emerging Markets, Economic Development, Economy State and Society, Entrepreneurship Development, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Marketing Management etc.
- Research Publication on ‘A Study of Rustic behaviour towards Organised Retail’ in International Journal of Business Management and Scientific Research, Eminence Journal, Vol. 17,May 2016 pp 53-60, with SRI Impact Factor of 2.643
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled ‘The Indian Retail Supply Chain: Amateurish Perspective’ at 3rd International Conference (GDGU ICON,2016) Flattening of the Globe propelled by E-Commerce & Supply Chain organized by GD Goenka University held on Feburary 4-5, 2016
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled ‘Retail-o-Nomics of India’ at 2nd International Conference (GDGU ICON,2015) on Changing Landscape of World Economies: Need for Alternative Growth Models organized by GD Goenka University held on Feburary 19-20, 2015
- Published Research paper on ‘Revolutionizing FDI in Indian Retail Sector: An Exploratory Study’ in “International Journal of Retailing and Rural Business Perspective” An Indexed and refereed Quarterly Journal, Print ISSN: 2279-0934, Online ISSN: 2279-0942, Volume: 3 (July to September. 2014), pp.1148-1151.
- Presented a Research Paper on ‘Liberalization of FDI in the Indian Retail Sector’ at Dr. IT Group of Institutes held on 6th April, 2013.
- Contributed a case study in the International Case Study Conference, 2013 organized by Amity Business School, Gurgaon held on March 1,2013 on ‘Inflation: Its impact on Indian Retail Sector’
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled “Organized Retail in Rural India” at 2nd National Seminar on “Rural Marketing: Challenges, Opportunities and strategies” organized by Chandigarh Business School, Gharuan, Mohali, Punjab held on 21st October, 2011.
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled “Retail in the Era of Globalization” at National Conference on “Globalization and Management Development” held on 22nd- 23rd April, 2011 at SAS Group of Institutes, Mohali, Punjab.
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled ” Green Economics: An Answer to Sustainable Development” at the National Seminar on “Green Economics-A Case for making growth sustainable and equitable” held on 18th-19th February, 2011 at Dev Samaj college for Women, Chandigarh.
- Participated and Presented a Research Paper titled “Hindu/ Vedic Philosophy is Environment Friendly” at National Seminar on Global Environmental Issues & Climate Change, organized by MCM DAV College for Women, Chandigarh held on 9-10th November,2010.
- Participated in National Seminar on “Entrepreneurship Development in India: The Challenges ahead” held at Punjabi University, Patiala held on 27th-28th November,2009 and presented a paper titled “Women Entrepreneurship”
Awards & Honors
- UGC NET Management, 2010
- 9th in Panjab University in Masters of Business Economics in 2009.
- 7th in the Himachal Pradesh University in B.A (Economics Honors) 2007.
- 1st in Class XII (Commerce with Maths) with Distinction in all subjects and Highest Marks in Math’s (85%) and Economics (97%).