Duration: 3 Years | Programme code: 100205
B. Sc. in Cardiovascular technology (B.Sc-CVT) is a 3 year regular course program designed to cover all aspects of cardiovascular disease management and care. It involves learning of complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that involve use of various equipments, computer hardware, tools, machines and pharmacological agents. This program enables students to acquire skills for management of various cardiac disorders. Students will be trained to apply specialized occupational theory, skills and concepts to work independently as qualified cardiovascular technologist and becomes an integral member of the cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratory teams. The CVT’s primary role is to perform, at the direction of a qualified physician, technical procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular injury and disease.
Programme Educational Objectives
- This program enables candidates to evolve into a full trained, qualified cardiovascular technologist capable of working independently.
- Following this program, candidates become well-versed in techniques such as cardiac catheterization, Electrocardiography, Echocardiography and ultrasound instrumentation.
- Graduate will integrate knowledge and skills of cardiovascular technology to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society.
- Following this program, candidates become well-prepared for working in a team associated with assisting cardiac surgeons and cardiologists in a high-pressure hospital environments.
- Graduate will be cognizant and responsive to the cardiovascular care of the community and possess a commitment to continuously improve knowledge and abilities.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of human cardiovascular system in the management of cardiovascular related disorders.
- Plan and implement clinical and scientific activities related to the profession of cardiovascular technology.
- Identify and solve complex problems arising during cardiovascular care of the patients.
- Utilize modern tools and techniques in the arena of cardiovascular technology for patient compliance.
- Act efficiently as a leader in various inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care communities.
- Apply the knowledge and skills to assess societal and legal issues related to cardiovascular care of the patients.
- Understand the impact of the cardiovascular technology in societal andenvironmental contexts to provide innovative solutions.
- Imbibe ethical practices and moral values in personal and professional endeavors.
- Write, interpret and communicate effectively and scientifically.
- Use modern tools and techniques for the efficient management of cardiovascular diseases.
- Tackle future challenges through lifelong learning.
Well-defined academic curriculum crafted to current clinical needs; qualified and eminent faculty members from both clinical and academic research backgrounds; transfer of knowledge through project as well as research based activities; inter-disciplinary project based learning; state-of-the-art laboratories; exceptional computing facilities;clinical interaction and hospital based internships.
Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry related to Cardiac Technology, Pathology, Clinical Features and Treatment of Diseases related to Cardiac Technology, Microbiology, Basic Electrocardiography, Computer usage relevant to Cardiac Technology, Echocardiography, Cardiac catheterization laboratory practices and Ultrasound instrumentation
Students will be trained to apply specialized occupational theory, skills and concepts to work independently as qualified cardiovascular technologist and becomes an integral member of the cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratory teams. Graduate of this programme are placed in multispecialty hospitals to assist the Physicians as cardiovascular Technician, Ecocardiographer, Cardiac Sonographer, Cardiac electrophysiology specialist etc.
- Candidate shall have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB). In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA-2017 (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.
- A student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission of the Programme.