Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 4 Years||Programme Code: 100202|
The B.Pharm degree is four year regular programme. The syllabus has been designed to cover all aspects of Pharmaceutical Sciences with an aim to provide students with both theory and practical training, in order to enable them to be ideally suited to pharmaceutical industry and health care system. The Department aims at imparting quality pharmacy education to the students through the state-of-the-art technology so as to equip them to meet the growing global opportunities in Pharmaceutical and Health Care Sector. Ample opportunities exist in the field of Drug industry, Research & Development, Drug Control Department, Academics, Marketing and Sales etc.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To impart adequate knowledge and scientific information regarding basic principles of Pharmaceutical & Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Pharmacognosy.
- To impart adequate knowledge of practical aspects of Synthesis of APIs & its intermediates and analysis of various pharmaceutical dosage forms
- To impart knowledge about formulation developments & quality assurance of various pharmaceutical dosage forms including those of herbal origin as per standards of official books, WHO and other regulatory agencies like USFDA, MHRA, UK etc.
- To make student ready for product detailing, marketing, distribution and selling of pharmaceutical products.
Upon successful completion of this course it is expected that graduates will have:
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of the enabling sciences, applied pharmaceutical sciences, clinical pharmacy and pharmacy practice and the ability to integrate and apply the knowledge to the practice of pharmacy.
- The relevant generic skills, such as oral and written communication, critical thinking, learning for life, numeracy and information literacy and leadership.
- The ability to apply the knowledge and skills gained to promote and contribute to the quality use of medicines and to the health of the community.
- Thorough knowledge of synthesis & analysis of medicinal agents, their mode and mechanism of action, drug interactions, patient counseling and adequate technical information to be exchanged with the physician and other health professionals.
Well-designed programme structure & curriculum will be taught by qualified & experienced members of faculty supported by rigorous hands on training in every aspect of pharmacy field. Every candidate shall be required to work for at least four weeks in a Pharmaceutical Industry which would include Production Unit, Quality Control Department, Quality & Assessment Department, Analytical Laboratory, Chemical Manufacturing Unit, Pharmaceutical R & D, Hospital (Clinical Pharmacy), Clinical Research Organization and Wholesale Drug Store etc. Some of the major areas that will be covered Anatomy & Physiology, Pharmaceutical Operations, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Medicinal, Chemistry of Natural Products, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics. Career Avenues Pharmacy careers are available in varied fields, including research labs, hospitals and doctors surgeries, veterinary care, the armed forces, national regulatory bodies, and in academia. Entry Requirements Candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects with Math/Biology/Biotechnology. In addition candidates will also have to appear in Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.
*Approved by Pharmacy Council of India