Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 100202
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduate will demonstrate knowledge and research skills to identify and solve complex pharmaceutical issues across a broad range of application areas.
- Graduate will integrate knowledge and skills with clinical research to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- Graduate will be cognizant and responsive to the health care needs of the community and possess a commitment to continuously improve knowledge and abilities.
- Graduate will be skillful in current techniques and technologies, skillful in problem solving, and will possess professional, ethical and compassionate behavior and standards.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and research skills acquired in the major specialization of pharmacy i.e pharmaceutical and medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics including cosmetology, pharmacology, pharmacognosy, biotechnology etc.
- Plan logically synthesis, formulation, analysis, phytochemical screening and pharmacological testing of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Identify and solve complex pharmaceutical related problems across a broad range of application areas of pharmaceutical industries.
- Lead actively various inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care teams.
- Understand and appreciate the role of pharmacist in in the development of healthy society
- Undertake Public Health care projects and camps for educating society about safe use of pharmaceuticals and related nutritional and environmental counseling.
- Recognize environmental and societal factors that require intervention of pharmacist to provide optimal solutions.
- Understand code of ethics of pharmacy in professional and social contexts that govern decision making and respect for the dignity of the patient.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with effective exchange of professional information.
- Create, select and apply current tools and techniques of pharmacy field tools necessary for solving pharmaceutical problems.
- Recognize the need to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change in the field of pharmacy through continuing education and research.
Distinct academic programme curriculum; qualified & experienced faculty members both from academia and industry; inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories; summer research training program for students; industrial/clinical exposure in healthcare organization of repute.
Anatomy, physiology and health and Education, Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry, Pharma Jurisprudence, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pharma Analysis, Pharma Biotechnology, Pharmaceutics.
Pharmaceutical industry of India is evolving as leading industries worldwide. It is technologically strong and totally self-reliant. Known for high spending on Research & Development, India has also become a major destination for generic drug manufacturing. A career in pharmaceutical industry has a bright future. Pharmacy graduates can also pursue their professional career in almost all types of healthcare organizations i.e. hospitals, nursing homes, government departments, universities, research institutes etc. Some of the jobs profile in the pharma sector are
Career AvenuesQuality Control or Quality Assurance Chemist: Graduates who have an aptitude for pharmaceutical analysis and handle sophisticated instruments may opt for this job.Manufacturing Chemist: Pharmacy graduates with strong knowledge of various manufacturing processes/machinery can apply for this job. Graduates will supervise and direct the manufacturing process of medicines.Hospital Pharmacist: In a hospital pharmacy, pharmacists perform a range of functions – from procuring medicines to medicine storage and management in hospitals to disbursing them to patients.Community Pharmacists: Drug stores and retail pharmacies like Apollo Pharmacy, MedPlus or Frank Ross Pharmacy require pharmacists too.Government Analyst: In government/private laboratories, pharmacy graduatesanalyze samples from manufacturing units or retail drug stores as drug analysts.Drug Inspector: Pharmaceutical graduates can become drug inspector to monitor the safety, efficacy, and quality of medicines everywhere – right from manufacturing units to the selling points.Research Analyst: One of the most sought-after jobs in research laboratories and manufacturing industry, research analysts are involved in drug innovation.Marketing: Pharmaceutical marketing is a specialized job as it involves dealing with the professional chemists and highly qualified doctors. Graduates of this program can join as a Medical Sales Representative/ Area manager.Medical sales representative/Area manager and function as a key link between pharmaceutical companies and health care professional.Self Entrepreneurial Opportunities: Graduate of this Programme can open their retail/wholesale as well as manufacturing units of pharmaceuticals.
For admission to B. Pharm First Year:
- Candidate shall have passed 10+2 examination conducted by the respective state/central government authorities recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the association of Indian universities (AIU) with English as one of the subject and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) and or Biology (PCB)/PCMB)as optional subjects individually or any other qualification approved by Pharmacy Council of India (PCI). In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.
- A student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission of the programme.For B. Pharm lateral entry (Direct admission to third semester): A pass in D. Pharm. course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.In addition, candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.
*Approved by Pharmacy Council of India