Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 4.5 Years||Programme Code: 100201|
Functional movement is a key part of any one’s life and Physiotherapy plays a key role in helping people to improve their quality of life. Bachelor of Physiotherapy is four and a half year full time programme at GDGU, where students will be trained to work with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and perform various functions. Students at GDGU, through intense clinical exposure, will be provided with systematic Physiotherapy education in theory as well as practical with an emphasis on clear concepts and basics.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To detect & evaluate the Anatomical, Patho-physiological impairments, resulting in dysfunction of various age groups & occupation; as well as epidemiological sectors in the population, & arrive at appropriate diagnosis.
- To understand the rationale & basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens; & accordingly plan & implement specific physiotherapy measures effectively.
- To promote health in general, as well as competitive level, such as sports, work productivity, geriatrics, women’s health etc, keeping in mind national health policies.
At the end of the programme, student will be able to
- Emerge as a thorough responsible health care professional.
- Practice competently in a legal, ethical, and professional manner as per prevalent laws.
- Critically analyse and take decision about detailed therapeutic treatment.
- Document and complete patient’s records in a meticulous, objective and accurate manner.
- Create a necessary knowledge base for advanced education in specialized clinical practice.
Well-designed programme structure & curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced members of faculty supported by rigorous hands on training in every aspect of physiotherapy field. Tie-ups with multispecialty hospitals will ensure advance exposure in clinical training. Some of the major areas that will be covered Anatomy, Physiology & Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Mechanics, Pharmacology, Pathology & Microbiology, Exercise & Electro Therapy, Role of Physiotherapy in various conditions related to Orthopaedics, Neurology, Cardiopulmonary, Sports and Community Based Rehabilitation.
- Physiotherapists are employed in all general hospitals and also in specialty and super specialty hospitals run by the government and non-government organizations.
- Physiotherapists are also working at district levels and community health centers and will be engaged in primary health centers in nearfuture.
- Foreign employment is most accessible to qualified physiotherapists.
Candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from CBSE or any equivalent examination are eligible to apply. ln addition candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.