Duration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 100002
Diploma in yoga science is a two year foundation Programme aims towards a basic understanding and integration of different yogic paths including asanas (postures), pranayama (breath techniques), bandhas (locks), kriyas (cleansing actions), alignment, basic anatomy and physiology along with thorough knowledge of the yogic texts. By the end of the course, students will have a sound basis for further studies in yoga and the ability to apply yogic principles in everyday life. The scope for yoga professionals/trainers in India and abroad is vast. Ample opportunities exist in government as well as private hospitals and health centers. They can also start their own venture in the form of yoga centers.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Students will demonstrate basic and applied knowledge yoga science imbibe with the ideals of professionalism, effective communication skills and attributes.
- Students will be skillful in various yoga techniques to provide healthcare solutions to for the benefit of the society at every stage of life.
- Students will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- Students will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of yogic science with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- Students will be able to establish yoga therapy centers from the skills inherited during the programme in the service of common man.
- Students will be involved in life-long learning and professional development through self – study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
On successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and skills of yoga science necessary become yoga instructor.
- Students will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of yogic
- Develop and implement yoga therapies to meet the healthcare and social needs of the society
- Integrate different yogic paths for complementing healthcare treatments against various disorders.
- Learn and apply utility modern tools for providing synergistic yogic relief to diverse communities.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams by working cooperatively, creatively and responsibly as a member of a healthcare team.
- Disseminate values of performing yogic kriyas in a perfect manner for wellbeing of the society.
- Apply ethical principles in prescribing yoga therapy for various healthcare problems.
- Communicate effectively about importance of yogic treatments with diverse sections of community
- Assess health related societal issues to for improvement of professional yogic practices.
- Understand and demonstrate the impact of yoga therapeutics in societal and environmental contexts.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuous education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, dissemination of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art yoga practice facilities, interaction with yogic organizations of repute.
Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology, Learning of ancient literature on yoga; Basic principles of yoga and naturotherapy, application of yoga, naturotherapy principles in clinical practices, yoga teaching methods.
Career avenues in yoga field has evolved significantly in the modern era of healthcare research. After successful completion of diploma in yoga science, student can pursue their career as Yoga instructor, Yoga therapist in the hospitals, Ayurvedic clinics, spa & wellness center, educational institutions etc. Diploma holder in yoga sciences can also run their own yoga therapy centers.
Candidate who have completed 10+2 in science stream with physics and chemistry as compulsory subject with any one of the Math/Biology/Biotechnology or any other equivalent. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA(Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.